Installing Subversion (SVN) server on DiskStation

The discussion lounge for third-party packages.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
elmimmo
I'm New!
I'm New!

Installing Subversion (SVN) server on DiskStation

Postby elmimmo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:42 am

How up to date is the guide Step-by-step guide to installing Subversion at SynologyWiki?

I will be trying to install it on a DS413.
elmimmo
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Installing Subversion (SVN) server on DiskStation

Postby elmimmo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:48 pm

I met the 1st roadblock.

The download link for that model's bootstrap is not listed. I have thus created another thread asking for it in the IPKG forum: Bootstrap for DS413?). Please reply in that thread if your answer is specifically about the bootstrap for that model, then.
guinness
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby guinness » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:15 pm

Ok, I fixed it for the DS213+

First I had to add this repo:
http://packages.quadrat4.de/

Then I installed the bootstrap installer. It wouldn't automagically set everything up for me as it had in the past. so next I had to ssh to my NAS and execute the script manually.

cd /volume1/@tmp/bootstrap
./bootstrap.sh

It told me the command to blow away previous install of the bootstrap installer followed by a reboot

upon reboot I executed the script and everything worked again!... now what happends the next time the firmware get upgraded????
dharasty
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby dharasty » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:17 pm

I looked for SVN when I first got my DS213j, was disappointed not to see it.

As of this writing, however, the package has appeared in my Package Manager. Yay!

Thanks, Synology! I really didn't want to have to go through all those manual steps.

Return to “Third-party Packages”