USB Webcam support package

The discussion lounge for third-party packages.
Forum rules
Please note the Disclaimer before modifying your Synology Product.
topozepe
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: USB Webcam support package

Postby topozepe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:15 pm

Hello.
I have an DS213+ (CPU Freescale P1022 Dual Core 2), but it is not listed in page 53 compatibility list. Will this mean that is not possible to have the package compiled in my DS? :(
Regards,
Antonio
OneSynoUser
Versed
Versed

Postby OneSynoUser » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:30 pm

>> jacobworsoe
Please note the USB_Webcam package does NOT start without webcam connected so connect it first.
Also as C270 should support MJPEG compression, try to uncheck the "Force YUV" checkbox in USB_Webcam config webpage and select some resolution and FPS which is supported by this webcam (default 640 x 480 and 5 FPS should be OK, you may also try 10 FPS). Then reboot your NAS and USB_Webcam package should start. If not, please follow instructions sent by PM to get a diagnostics.

>> topozepe
Yeah, unfortunately as PPC is now a dead platform and I never had an access to this HW for tests, there's no compatible USB_Webcam driver package. I am sorry.

Kind regards,
OneSynoUser.
***********************************************************************************************
Please note - for most current USB Webcam driver packages check forum page 53:
https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=49790&start=780#p390461
***********************************************************************************************
jacobworsoe
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby jacobworsoe » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:17 pm

OneSynoUser wrote:>> jacobworsoe
Please note the USB_Webcam package does NOT start without webcam connected so connect it first.
Also as C270 should support MJPEG compression, try to uncheck the "Force YUV" checkbox in USB_Webcam config webpage and select some resolution and FPS which is supported by this webcam (default 640 x 480 and 5 FPS should be OK, you may also try 10 FPS). Then reboot your NAS and USB_Webcam package should start. If not, please follow instructions sent by PM to get a diagnostics.

Great, thanks for your fast reply. My trial is expired, but I just sent you a donation, as I am sure we will make this work.
OneSynoUser
Versed
Versed

Postby OneSynoUser » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:39 pm

>> jacobworsoe
OK, thank you for your support. I received the donation and already sent you the License Key with instructions by e-mail. Please let me know if it works or if you need a help.

Kind regards,
OneSynoUser.
jacobworsoe
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby jacobworsoe » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:21 pm

OK, thank you for your support. I received the donation and already sent you the License Key with instructions by e-mail. Please let me know if it works or if you need a help.

Kind regards,
OneSynoUser.

Everything worked perfectly! Should motion detection recording work with all webcams? My C270 seems to be recording all the time, despite being set to motion detection.
OneSynoUser
Versed
Versed

Postby OneSynoUser » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:51 am

>> jacobworsoe
Great. :-)
Yes the motion detection works on all cameras if properly set in Surveillance Station. If you search the screenshots in USB_Webcam .zip, it's there. Just edit camera in Surveillance Station, select Recording Settings - Schedule tab, click Motion Detection (green pane), make the appropriate time window (perhaps whole table) green, click Save and Close buttons. Then it should work.

Kind regards,
OneSynoUser.
jacobworsoe
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby jacobworsoe » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:30 am

Great. :-)
Yes the motion detection works on all cameras if properly set in Surveillance Station. If you search the screenshots in USB_Webcam .zip, it's there. Just edit camera in Surveillance Station, select Recording Settings - Schedule tab, click Motion Detection (green pane), make the appropriate time window (perhaps whole table) green, click Save and Close buttons. Then it should work.

Kind regards,
OneSynoUser.

Thanks once again! I figured the time window was only needed for continuous recording. It works now, thanks!
bery
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby bery » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:02 pm

Hi,
after couple months, I'm returning to connecting the webcam to my Synology NAS, I already received the licence code before.

I have ds216se and DSM 6.1.2-15132.
I had older version installed, and I'm not sure if I properly activated it before, because I was not able to start USB Webcam and log says "Trial expired"
so I tried to update the driver, I downloaded usb_webcam-6.1-39ARMXP.zip, uninstalled older version (6.0.34) and installed the latest one.
I connected the webkamera to NAS and tried to start package but it failed with "Failed to run the package service", the status is Stopped.
Log says "Trial period expired!". The icon USB Webcam is appearing in the menu so I do not know where to insert the licence key.
Any help please?

Thanks,
Jiri aka bery
OneSynoUser
Versed
Versed

Postby OneSynoUser » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:20 pm

>> bery

Please follow instructions I sent you through PM to reactivate the License Key and let me know results.

Kind regards,
OneSynoUser.
mr-nobody
Novice
Novice

Postby mr-nobody » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:35 am

Hi.

Just upgraded my DS415+ to DSM 6.1.3-15152.
and upgraded to usb_webcam-6.1-39x86_64.spk
But now it wont connect to my Microsoft USB Cam anymore.

Any clues?
OneSynoUser
Versed
Versed

Postby OneSynoUser » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:13 pm

>> mr-nobody

Please follow instructions I sent you through PM to get the diagnostics.

Kind regards,
OneSynoUser.
dishcat
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby dishcat » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:47 pm

The link is dead for the DSM 5.2 package for the Arm5 - Marvell Kirkwood - 6281, 6282

This is the link I tried, but Turbobit says that it's been deleted.
DSM 5.2 package:
File: usb_webcam-5.2-35ARM5.zip ( Released 2016-08-15 )
Download Link: http://turbobit.net/yy6k2f1qexlk.html
ZIP Password: SynologyDSM5.2

Note: I have a DS112j at DSM 5.2-5644
OneSynoUser
Versed
Versed

Postby OneSynoUser » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:13 pm

>> dishcat
Hello, the link expired as there was no download during last 30 days and Turbobit then deletes a file. I have reuploaded it and updated link on page 53 - please try again.
natoleron
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby natoleron » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:54 am

Hello,
Do you know if USB_Webcam works on DS716+II ?
My problem is that I had a DS216se for which I acquired a licence about two weeks ago and it worked with a Trust webcam.
Yesterday I changed for a DS716+II with the same disks, and as it is not the same machine, USB_Webcam does not work. First installation of Intel package says "Failed to repair package" (or the like), then the app does not start, and the log file displays "Trial period expired!"
My question does it work on my new machine ? (I see interrogation marks on forum page 53.) If it does I am willing to repay for a licence, which I'll do when I have your OK.
TIA
Nathalie
OneSynoUser
Versed
Versed

Postby OneSynoUser » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:45 pm

>> natoleron

Hi Nathalie,

the USB_Webcam package was not tested on DS716+II but hopefully it could work - you need to test it. Please note the USB_Webcam License Key is dedicated to concrete NAS model type & serial number so it's not valid for another NAS hardware. That's why you got "Trial period expired!" message in log. But don't worry, your donation does cover more than 1 License Key so you don't need to send another payment. ;-) Please just send me the Serial Number of your new DS716+II box by Private Message or by e-mail and I'll generate another License Key for you. Then you can try if it works.
Kind regards,
OneSynoUser.

Return to “Third-party Packages”