Upgrade node.js?

The discussion lounge for third-party packages.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
DAVIZINHO
I'm New!
I'm New!

Upgrade node.js?

Unread post by DAVIZINHO » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:54 am

Hello,
I need a Newest version of node.Js
The v4 that apears in package center is to old for use with some scripts that I need.

Anyone upgrade node.js to v6 or v8??
Any help?

Thanks a lot!!

DAVIZINHO
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Upgrade node.js?

Unread post by DAVIZINHO » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:23 pm

hello, nobody knows how to installa node.js in synology??

jhorv
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Upgrade node.js?

Unread post by jhorv » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:43 am

Hi,

This may be a little late but I have the same issue. The problem I have is that if I install the latest node.js through the DSM, then I probably will have two versions of node.js (like with Apache). Then I am not sure how I can switch between versions or how my node apps would react. On the other hand, if I do it manually through the command line then I am not sure how my DS would react to this. If anyone has any idea which is the best way to go, let me know.

By the way, in case anyone is interested, you can use the following command to upgrade node.js from the command line:

$ sudo n stable
and after that reboot

To check the version of node.js from the command line, use this:

$ node --version

John

Return to “Third-party Packages”