When v4.8 of the CrashPlan client was released, a lot of people found that the auto-upgrade broke their installations. If you look on the blog post at https://pcloadletter.co.uk/2012/01/30/c ... ent-150203, you will find a lot of people struggling to make it work again. I was one of those people. Thankfully plenty of people have posted ideas for fixes and I'm not sure there is a single fix that works for everyone but I thought it would be useful to post my fix. I've tried to do this on the blog site but I think Patters is busy on other projects so posts aren't being approved.
So, for what it is worth, here are my notes on how I got it to work again without having to destroy my settings. This meant I could just restart the existing backups.
In "/volume1/@appstore/CrashPlan" which is also "/var/packages/CrashPlan/target"
- Manually unpacked "upgrade.cpi" which is actually a gzip containing a file "upgrade.cpi"!
- Unpacked the inner upgrade.cpi file on Windows and copied back all folders except "conf" and "log"
- Also "sudo cp /var/packages/CrashPlan/target/bin/cpio /bin/cpio"
- Also installed Syno version of Java 8 - use that when installing new versions of the CP package
Finally, here are the settings I changed:
Here I changed the 2 MAX entries to give more memory to CrashPlan. Note that I have upgraded my 412+ with additional RAM.
Code: Select all
MANIFEST_PATH_SET=True USR_MAX_HEAP=1800M USR_MAX_HELP
Here I just changed JAVACOMMON to point to the Synology Java package which is much easier to keep up to date.
Code: Select all
TARGETDIR=/volume1/@appstore/CrashPlan BINSDIR=/bin MANIFESTDIR=/volume1/crashplan/backupArchives INSTALLDATE=20170412 JAVACOMMON=/volume1/@appstore/Java8/j2sdk-image/jre/bin/java APP_BASENAME=CrashPlan DIR_BASENAME=crashplan JRE_X64_DOWNLOAD_URL=http://download.code42.com/installs/proserver/jre/jre-linux-x64-1.8.0_72.tgz JRE_I586_DOWNLOAD_URL=http://download.code42.com/installs/proserver/jre/jre-linux-i586-1.8.0_72.tgz TARGETDIR=/volume1/@appstore/CrashPlan