Subsonic

The discussion lounge for third-party packages.
Forum rules
Please note the Disclaimer before modifying your Synology Product.
Ellul
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Subsonic

Postby Ellul » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:57 pm

psyfer9983 wrote:
sincarne wrote:that not how docker work. you think i tbetter when you give root access instead through package?

Most docker apps for subsonic that I've used\tried launch with the user "no one" which caused me permission problems due to that user not existing in a way so I could assigning permissions to shares. The subsonic package in this thread uses a user "subsonic" which makes it possible for me to assign permissions to shares. I've even looked through the docker startup scripts on every one of them I've tried and couldn't get them to work with another user. It was only this package that worked for me.

Same here. PS thanks psyfer9983 for the SSL tutorial you posted previously, very useful :)

I came on here really to answer my own earlier question: The packaged version does not allow for disk hibernation on my 716+
sincarne
Navigator
Navigator

Postby sincarne » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:29 am

psyfer9983 wrote:
sincarne wrote:that not how docker work. you think i tbetter when you give root access instead through package?

Most docker apps for subsonic that I've used\tried launch with the user "no one" which caused me permission problems due to that user not existing in a way so I could assigning permissions to shares. The subsonic package in this thread uses a user "subsonic" which makes it possible for me to assign permissions to shares. I've even looked through the docker startup scripts on every one of them I've tried and couldn't get them to work with another user. It was only this package that worked for me.

you have to assign user and storage to all docker app. that not unique to subsonic
psyfer9983
Sharp
Sharp

Postby psyfer9983 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:52 am

sincarne wrote:
psyfer9983 wrote:

you have to assign user and storage to all docker app. that not unique to subsonic

Did. I tried every option for shares and it just wouldn't work until I gave the user "Everyone" full access to my music. I didn't want everyone on my NAS having full access to my music share let along Subsonic. Didn't want it changing track tags and such by accident. Anyway, I have the package working and thats all that matters. Thanks.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't like giving out inaccurate information.

Synology DS1813+ with 8 x 5TB HDDs Hybird RAID SHR2
Synology DS1813+ with 8 x 3TB HDDs Hybird RAID SHR2
Synology DS212j with 2 x 2TB HHDs RAID 1
Synology RT1900ac - Great router, love the free content filtering supplied by Synology.
sincarne
Navigator
Navigator

Postby sincarne » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:16 pm

psyfer9983 wrote:
sincarne wrote:
psyfer9983 wrote:Most docker apps for subsonic that I've used\tried launch with the user "no one" which caused me permission problems due to that user not existing in a way so I could assigning permissions to shares. The subsonic package in this thread uses a user "subsonic" which makes it possible for me to assign permissions to shares. I've even looked through the docker startup scripts on every one of them I've tried and couldn't get them to work with another user. It was only this package that worked for me.

Did. I tried every option for shares and it just wouldn't work until I gave the user "Everyone" full access to my music. I didn't want everyone on my NAS having full access to my music share let along Subsonic. Didn't want it changing track tags and such by accident. Anyway, I have the package working and thats all that matters. Thanks.

what container you use? https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/libresonic/
that say how to set user. you clearly not try every option or use docker before so you make statement about how it work when you not know how it work. your package will fail again when DSM update or when java package have issue.
Thesalan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Thesalan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:56 am

psyfer9983 wrote:
Thesalan wrote:Same here...

I try on port 4040 and 4041, and including in http groups, but it doesn't work

Strange. Wondering if you have a bad install. Try uninstalling the package, reboot the nas, go to control panel and delete the subsonic user, reboot yet again, then reinstall making sure to check run during the installation. When it's finished installing see if you can actually see the server before modifying any of the settings. If you can't then there is something not installing correctly. See if you can get your log files. It'll be nice to see the config files for your subsonic install as it may be an easy fix.

Finally, truth is out there...

Subsonic worked fine, it's just I can't access it using the address xxx.synology.me, I must use ip address!
I'm on local network, I don't have to configure the router... So, it's stange!

Other problem: Subsonic can't access my music folder! In control panel, I add read/write permissions on music shared folder for subsonic user, but no changes...

Return to “Third-party Packages”