Sabnzbd not working on Synology

The discussion lounge for third-party packages.
Forum rules
Please note the Disclaimer before modifying your Synology Product.
Mandarin
I'm New!
I'm New!

Sabnzbd not working on Synology

Postby Mandarin » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:52 am

Hi all

Please help..

1. Synology 1815+ running latest DSM
2. Latest Sabnzbd
3. Sabnzbd running on port 8080

I have an issue with my ISP not working at all on my Synology running Sabnzbd. The message I get with test server is "invalid server address". I thought I might need a VPN so I installed expressVPN as described on how to set up ExpressVPN on Synology. I also tried disabling manual IP to DHCP...no luck. I also tried to different usenetservers.. Same result. Previously the other usenetserver gave an error "too many connections to server" but when I tested the usenetserver on their site it was running fine. Also tried on Download Station and same result.. Can't even do a search for DSM update at all.. (error - check internet connection)

https://www.expressvpn.com/support/vpn- ... with-pptp/

Also thought it might a security issue on the server but there is nothing installed that would block it..
The VPN does connect and then immediately disconnects. Then does not want to reconnect. There seems to be some sort of conflict...

I also thought it might be the ISP but it runs fine at max speed on my laptop with ExpressVPN no hassle. I tried another ISP but that also does not work with VPN on synology and also gives same error message.

I am convinced this might be a Synology problem since Sabnzbd runs perfectly with ExpressVPN on my laptop with said ISP. I spent most of last night on this and can't figure this out..

Any help would be appreciated since I have to get this working...
sincarne
Enlightened
Enlightened

Re: Sabnzbd not working on Synology

Postby sincarne » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:22 pm

install in docker
Mandarin
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Mandarin » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:28 pm

sincarne wrote:install in docker

Thanks but can you please explain how to do that or maybe post a link?
sincarne
Enlightened
Enlightened

Postby sincarne » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:43 pm

Mandarin wrote:
sincarne wrote:install in docker

Thanks but can you please explain how to do that or maybe post a link?

https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl= ... r+synology
Mandarin
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Mandarin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:07 am

Do I then need to unistall the other sabznbd that was installed from community programs?
Noah
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Noah » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:07 pm

I would look into your network settings, especially the Synology firewall. Disable it, reboot, try again?
Somebody here sucks big time. BIG time. Small... - 1x 1813+ (DSM6), 1x 1815+ (DSM 6), 1x DS2415+ (DSM6), 1x RS2416+ (all @ home). At work: 24 x RS3617x, 4x FS3017 (local sites offloading).
coops1967
Trainee
Trainee

Postby coops1967 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:23 pm

Don't see why you should need to mess about with docker... I run Sabnzbd on my DS412+ no problem on port 8080 as usual.

I connect to my newsnet server on SSL - double check you have your newsnet/usenet server host name correct & correct port in the Sabnzbd config (for usenet its secure.usenetserver.com on port 443) .

ps
should add - I did recently start getting issues after DSM updates... at one point my Macbook and ipad wiuld struggle to open the Synology webpage for my diskstation, yet on either the ipad or macbook, using Firefox or Opera web browser would work normally.

another oddity was I noticed my sickrage stopped offering up a schedule and my calendar didn't show upcoming epsodes anymorre... and a look in the DSM showed that the diskstation time/date was incorrect and couldn't connect to the time server.

I noticed in the Network setting in control panel, the default gateway looked a bit odd... and googleing gave me this link wich helped 7 sorted out all those issues

https://jmetz.com/2016/09/handling-the- ... net-error/
sincarne
Enlightened
Enlightened

Postby sincarne » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:42 pm

coops1967 wrote:Don't see why you should need to mess about with docker... I run Sabnzbd on my DS412+ no problem on port 8080 as usual.

I connect to my newsnet server on SSL - double check you have your newsnet/usenet server host name correct & correct port in the Sabnzbd config (for usenet its secure.usenetserver.com on port 443) .

ps
should add - I did recently start getting issues after DSM updates... at one point my Macbook and ipad wiuld struggle to open the Synology webpage for my diskstation, yet on either the ipad or macbook, using Firefox or Opera web browser would work normally.

another oddity was I noticed my sickrage stopped offering up a schedule and my calendar didn't show upcoming epsodes anymorre... and a look in the DSM showed that the diskstation time/date was incorrect and couldn't connect to the time server.

I noticed in the Network setting in control panel, the default gateway looked a bit odd... and googleing gave me this link wich helped 7 sorted out all those issues

https://jmetz.com/2016/09/handling-the- ... net-error/

docker give you full control over port and installation and application wont break from DSM update. not clog up your DS with unneeded file and no need to install dependencies. much better than install from synocommunity

Return to “Third-party Packages”