Always get 'Operation Failed' when trying to Update Packages.......

Questions pertaining to Power settings, Auto Block, Permissions, User Quotas and Email alerts may be posted here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
kdbmebk
Novice
Novice

Always get 'Operation Failed' when trying to Update Packages.......

Unread post by kdbmebk » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:58 pm

Currently trying to update the 'WebDAV Server' Package and always receive this error... I have got it on other packages, but set them to Auto Update and eventually they did. But, there must be something wrong that would be nice if there was a fix.

Jackiemax
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Always get 'Operation Failed' when trying to Update Packages.......

Unread post by Jackiemax » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:31 am

same issue here...
It's been going on for months.... And nothing has been done to fix it.
It's really annoying...
I thought DSM 6.2 would fix that issue but nope....
Please Synology do something !

kdbmebk
Novice
Novice

Unread post by kdbmebk » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:54 pm

Strange .... The WebDAV server package update that was requesting that I update it, has now mysteriously disappeared. No message that it updated, just gone completely!

kdbmebk
Novice
Novice

Unread post by kdbmebk » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:40 pm

I had 2 packages that 'needed' updates on one of my NAS a couple days ago.... Both Failed to update, with the Classic Message of 'Operation Failed'.....

I left it for a couple days and came back to it today and Suddenly the updates no longer 'Need' to be applied! The notices are completely gone with no Explanation at all. .... No messages in my log, they just mysteriously disappeared! ....

scottohara
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by scottohara » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:53 am

Same. I have two packages that have updates:
  • CloudSync (installed version: 2.3.6-1018, newest version: 2.3.7-1026)
  • Docker (installed version: 17.05.0-0370, newest version: 17.05.0-0379)
These updates appeared a couple of days ago, and I've tried numerous times since then to update, but each time they fail with "Operation failed".

A server reboot has not fixed the issue.

Clearly something must have changed on the remote end (where Package Center fetches the updates from), as this thread suggests that the issue is impacting multiple people.

Zzo
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by Zzo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Same issue for me.
17 packages saying "1. Thai user interface is now available" cannot be updated.
Error message : Operation failed.
DS1515+

alek_05
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by alek_05 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:18 am

Hello,

I'm having the same issue since a few weeks now. I had 10 or more packages to update. Some worked, for other "Operation failed"! I tried to reboot, and for some packages worked. Then I rebooted again, but did't work anymore. Now I have 7 packages and I can't update it in any way. I also wrote to Synology's support (via Support Center) last week but so far no reply! Today I updated the DSM to the last available (DSM 6.2-23739 Update 1) but the issue persist. No idea what to do next.

alek_05
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by alek_05 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:41 am

Synology support replied to me. They said it's due to 3rd party sources and asked to remove it. I removed all the sourced and the update now works perfectly. I asked further info and I'm waiting for their reply. I'm not sure if it's because of corrupted source/s or what. I hope I'll be able to use 3rd party source again.

rea5245
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by rea5245 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:11 am

alek_05 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:41 am
Synology support replied to me. They said it's due to 3rd party sources and asked to remove it. I removed all the sourced and the update now works perfectly. I asked further info and I'm waiting for their reply.
Could you elaborate on this? How does one remove all 3rd party sources?

Thanks,
Bob

Return to “System Management”