How to Play Audio Via USB

Questions/comments regarding the Audio Station can be placed here
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
mmcglynn
I'm New!
I'm New!

How to Play Audio Via USB

Unread post by mmcglynn » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:06 am

I have a compatible amplifier connected to the NAS via USB. I can see that the NAS recognizes the amplifier.

I literally cannot follow the instructions. When I play an audio file, it plays through my computer's speakers. How do I get the audio to play through the USB port?

This is what the documentation says:

"To play music via different devices, you can select your desired output device from the My computer/USB speakers/[Media renderer name] (indicating the device you have been streaming music to) drop-down menu on the control bar, and add songs to individual devices."

So WHERE is this menu? Select where?

Squozen
Guru
Guru

Re: How to Play Audio Via USB

Unread post by Squozen » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:26 pm

Are you using the Audio Station package?

Twisted World
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: How to Play Audio Via USB

Unread post by Twisted World » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:29 pm

The move to the new "community" is just another example of Synology not caring about customer wishes and [Please control your language] us all in the behind. I'll be leaving this forum and NOT be joining the new "community". It was a fun ride. Please don't expect any replies from me because the e-mail address associated with my Synology account will be disabled. Goodbye and thanks for the great time while it lasted.

Return to “Audio Station”