[solved] control panel empty/blank

Questions pertaining to Power settings, Auto Block, Permissions, User Quotas and Email alerts may be posted here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
novasquid
Trainee
Trainee

[solved] control panel empty/blank

Postby novasquid » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:32 pm

i have 2 ds213j and both are at the latest firmware (DSM 6.1.4-15217 Update 5), but only one of them is having an issue with the control panel being completely empty/blank. i've tried rebooting and shutting down, clearing web browser cache, and different browsers (IE, firefox, chrome) and the problem is still there which makes me think it's NAS related, not my browser. does anyone have any suggestions for a fix?

see post below for solution.
Last edited by novasquid on Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
novasquid
Trainee
Trainee

Re: control panel empty/blank

Postby novasquid » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:22 pm

i found what was causing the empty/blank control panel, and hope that whoever comes across this post with a similar issue will find this post useful and helpful.

i don't know what happened to cause my one ds213j to change, since my other ds213j is still perfectly fine, but the system for some reason changed the symbolic link to the homes folder in /var/services to point to a non-existent directory. first step was to remove the "homes" symbolic link in /var/services, then recreate it using the command "ln -s /volume1/homes homes" then reboot the NAS.

Return to “System Management”