Control Panel Not Starting

Questions pertaining to Power settings, Auto Block, Permissions, User Quotas and Email alerts may be posted here.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
oharman
I'm New!
I'm New!

Control Panel Not Starting

Unread post by oharman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:15 pm

I set up my DS216J the first week of November and had no issues however, over the past week or so, when I click on "Control Panel" it acts like it's starting (Icon shows up in upper left corner with "stars" like it's starting up) but it never does start. Accessing shared folders through the web page is also slow yet the system monitor shows everything is fine.

It doesn't appear that the system is overly taxed just sitting there so I'm not sure what's going on with it. I'm not sure what version of DSM is running since I can't get control panel to start. Any suggestions on what I can do? Also, for scheduled updates it lists that the next DSM update will occur on 24 Nov. I saw in the DSM forum that there was a recent update, but I didn't see a reference that my system had been updated recently. I appreciate any help you fine folks can give me.

Thanks!
OJ

lee_au
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Control Panel Not Starting

Unread post by lee_au » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:11 am

Hi OJ,

I'm having exactly the same issue - on a DS-916+ which is only a few days old, running the latest DSM. Last update was days ago (when I bought it) and it was working fine until today. Happens to all users, and there are also very little processes running, CPU load under 10%. Occasionally I also experience difficulty getting into the File Station too (opens after 20+ seconds, if at all).

I've lodged a support ticket - there seems to be plenty of previous similar problems back to 212, and I'm yet to see any that show how to resolve this.

lee_au
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Control Panel Not Starting

Unread post by lee_au » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:20 am

Update - I tried both Chrome and IE (and cleared cache/cookies), with no luck, however using Edge worked! This isn't a solution for me though and I feel should be fixed if it's a Synology issue. I'm using DSM 6.1.4-15217 Update 2 for the record (now that I can get into Control Panel to see...!)

Return to “System Management”