DS213 j restart after power fail restore

Questions pertaining to Power settings, Auto Block, Permissions, User Quotas and Email alerts may be posted here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
AndyD
Beginner
Beginner

DS213 j restart after power fail restore

Postby AndyD » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:04 am

I have a DS213j on a UPS. The other day we had a power failure and after 2.5 hours my UPS ran out of power. I have my Diskstation and 2 video cameras on the UPS. after power was restored I had to manually power on my Diskstation.

Is there a way to have the DS213j automatically power on after power is restored?

Thanks,

Andy
rgarjr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: DS213 j restart after power fail restore

Postby rgarjr » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:22 am

There's a setting in Control Panel under Hardware & Power to restart automatically after a power failure.
AndyD
Beginner
Beginner

Postby AndyD » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:44 pm

Thanks, I just applied the setting.
Squozen
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby Squozen » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:13 pm

Sounds like you might want to connect the UPS to the Synology so it can at least shut down gracefully after say 2 hours?

Return to “System Management”