Going back to previous user

Questions pertaining to Power settings, Auto Block, Permissions, User Quotas and Email alerts may be posted here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Salty777
Student
Student

Going back to previous user

Postby Salty777 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:03 am

Hello all,

I previously posted how updating DSM "erased all my data". Thankfully it didn't.

I've had some help from Synology but it's not too clear. Apparently I did a "reinstallation"...... well, I did what I was told to when the thing updated!

Anyway net result all my data is there, but the entire configuration is gone, including quick connect (no longer recognises name / password) and Synology say because I didn't do a configuration backup I can't get them back.

Is there no way I can re-log on as the "old me" and get it all back to as it was? It took forever to set up....

Cheers
Salty777
Student
Student

Re: Going back to previous user

Postby Salty777 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:05 pm

Nah.... too much. Had to redownload Cloud Station etc. as it stopped working, same with all the apps on the iPad. Just doesn't make sense. Tried to sync a folder, a new CloudStation folder appeared in my user folder, downloaded 25Gigs of info that was already there....

Sorry Synology, I tried but your UI is just crap. There is no logic to it whatsoever. I'm giving this up as a couple of thousand dollar loss (maybe not that much as I can reformat the drives) and going back to Drobo. At least they make sense to us Mac users. This thing is just geeko PC sh*t gone mad.

Return to “System Management”