DX3612xs: No Power some bays

The general discussion room of 2012 Synology DiskStations.
Do not post support questions in this room, please refer to one of the rooms below for further assistance.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
knightshade
I'm New!
I'm New!

DX3612xs: No Power some bays

Unread post by knightshade » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:12 am

I just went to add a hard drive to my DX3612xs, and learned that bays 6, 7 and 8 apparently do not have any power.
All other bays are working fine.

Any recommendations on what to look for?

I'm currently doing a RAID rebuild - but once done, I thought that I would open the chassis and take a look at the power lines.

knightshade
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DX3612xs: No Power some bays

Unread post by knightshade » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:24 pm

Rebuild finished overnight, so I physically powered down the unit.

After restarting - all 12 bays appear to be operating as expected.
I can take my new drive and drop it in any of the 4 unoccupied bays, and it lights up, spins up and shows as available in the Storage Manager.
Not sure what went wrong, but I'm guessing that I've had it running continuously for a year+.
Just happy for a happy ending.

p.s. - thought that it was worth mentioning that in parallel I opened up a support query into Synololgy; and they wanted to start down an RMA process.
I was plesantly surprized to see how well they stand behind their product!

Return to “2012 Synology DiskStation Hardware Discussion”