Printer stopped working - 3.2-1944, DS110j

A hotfix launched to address issues (see release notes) occurring after the DSM 3.2-1922 upgrade.
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
takamori
I'm New!
I'm New!

Printer stopped working - 3.2-1944, DS110j

Unread post by takamori » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:31 am

I've been using my Synology happily with my Canon Pixma iP6700D since buying it for a long time. I tried out setting up the Google Cloud Print. It didn't really work well for long documents and was printing rather slowly. So I thought I'd revert back to the normal setup. But that's no longer working. :( I can't seem to find a way around this besides just taking it off the Synology. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to diagnose or resolve this issue?

I first set up Cloud print with the earlier 3.2 release- noticed it was slow. And recently updated to 1944, then I noticed the issues of not being able to print through the normal setup. I tried ejecting the printer and re-adding it, but that doesn't seem to resolve the issue. Given that my wife was able to use the printer successfully a couple of weeks ago, that seems to suggest that 1944 introduced the issue for me.

The clients that are both experiencing problems are a Macbook (on Snow Leopard, I believe) and an Ubuntu desktop (on the Lucid LTE release). On the Macbook I tried removing it and re-adding it as well, multiple times- it keeps having connection problems.

Return to “DiskStation Manager 3.2 - 1944”