Hidrive backup

A quick and flexible way to back up and restore shared folders on your DiskStation to and from your STRATO HiDrive online storage account.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
Stuarta
Sharp
Sharp

Hidrive backup

Unread post by Stuarta » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:18 am

Sorry posted this in the backup forum before I saw this one

Has anyone got any experience using the HiDrive app?

I've been having some ongoing issues with S3 in that it seems to fail on random files and missing folders.

Just been looking at the HiDrive option and cost wise it seems to work out better than S3. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a trial using the Rsync and not sure if I'm going to come across the same issues.

Any comments would be welcome

matze787
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Hidrive backup

Unread post by matze787 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Although it's an older thread I can highly recommend the HiDrive app - works like a charm :D

Regards,
Matze

sbrinkmann
Novice
Novice

Re: Hidrive backup

Unread post by sbrinkmann » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:45 pm

I use HiDrive since a few days. Upload is extremly fast (well, I'm in Germany, the servers are in Germany) and I like to have unlimited traffic and be able to access my files with every FTP-Client in case of problems.

I have only two problems with the HiDrive App:
  • It seems to not update the progress bar during "Updating Meta-Data" so that I always believe that there is a problem. Maybe Synology could fix this bug.
  • While uploading only a part of the whole stuff, the App always stars with X of Y GByte, so that I'm not sure if the whole stuff is uploaded every time.
I hope that somebody from Synology reads that and will fix that.
--
Synology DS213+ with DSM 5.1 and WD 3TByte RED HD

Return to “HiDrive Backup”