How to configure password reset for users outside network?

OpenERP package allows users to host a comprehensive suite of business applications including Sales, CRM, Project management, Warehouse management, Manufacturing, Financial management, Human Resources and many other applications on their Synology machines.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

How to configure password reset for users outside network?

Postby tony.w » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:48 pm

The full subject is "Where or how do I configure for password reset for users outside my network"? When I send either an invitation or a password reset to someone outside my network, the URL has my LAN address for the NAS. Is there a place in OpenERP on the NAS to set the external URL to be in included in invitations and password resets? My users don't have the patience to stitch together a URL.

Update. Found it, I'll post it in case it's useful for others.
Click Settings > Parameters > System parameters > web.base.url and change to your DDNS address, eg.

Return to “OpenERP”