Cannot connect to OpenERP7

OpenERP package allows users to host a comprehensive suite of business applications including Sales, CRM, Project management, Warehouse management, Manufacturing, Financial management, Human Resources and many other applications on their Synology machines.
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
jpstaub
I'm New!
I'm New!

Cannot connect to OpenERP7

Unread post by jpstaub » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:59 pm

Product: DS214
Product Version: DSM 6.0.1-7393 Update 2

DSM reports OpenERP7 is available on the LAN. However, when OpenERP7 is selected from the Main Menu the browser (both Safari and Firefox) says that it cannot connect to the server. For example:

"Safair can't open page '192.168.1.101:8069' because Safari can't connect to server '192.168.1.101'."

In an attempt to determine port status of OpenERP7 an SSH connection was established. The following command was run: $ sudo netstat -lptu

Port 5011 state was reported as LISTEN which was expected given the DiskStation page is fully fuctional. No entry was observed for Port 8069. This was not expected since DSM reports OpenERP7 is available on the LAN.

It appears the browser can't connect to the server because their is no port available. Multiple attempts have been made to remove and reinstall OpenERP7 and Python to correct the problem. Additionally, the DiskStation has been rebooted several times with no success.

OpenERP7 has worked in the past on this particular DiskStation. I would appreciate any assistance that can be provided to make OpenERP7 fuction normally again.

Synology Support Ticket #872458 has been opened on this issue but I'm hoping the community has some insight into a solution.

Regards,
Jake

Return to “OpenERP”