10.7 Lion - timemachine prompts to delete all backups and st

A DSM update includes Directory Server, LDAP Client, Remote Folder, Virtual Drive, Syslog Server, Mac OS X Lion Support, Photo Station 5, Google Cloud Print, UPnP Router Support, DSM mobile, CalDAV server, and along with other software enhancements.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
ramdulari
I'm New!
I'm New!

10.7 Lion - timemachine prompts to delete all backups and st

Postby ramdulari » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:21 pm

I contacted the Synology beta bug report team with my issue after upgrading to 10.7/10.7.1 Lion and DSM 3.2 beta at the time of switching to Lion from Snow Leopard:

I have been making backups since before 10.7 (since Snow Leopard 10.6.x, using DSM 3.1), through 10.7 and may be a couple of backups with 10.7.1 since yesterday (using DSM 3.2 beta build 1869). But today/now I got the time machine notification that all my backups must be deleted and time machine needs to start over with a fresh new backup.

(I can't figure out how to paste the TM pop-up picture in this post)

The above note was over 2 weeks ago and still no response from the Synology team. This week, the problem has happened again (after I recreated the backup last time). Anyone else had this issue? Is there any hope of getting past this?

Thanks
Mihir
ewkid
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: 10.7 Lion - timemachine prompts to delete all backups an

Postby ewkid » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:01 pm

I've seen the same. It's happened to me twice. The second time I believe I had a backup going when I put my mac to sleep. I think I read in some other thread that this issue should be fixed in the final release.
Llama
Sharp
Sharp

Postby Llama » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:00 pm

I am downloading 1922 right now, but on 10.7.1 and 10.7.2 it is still happening for me on 1869. Kind of a pain in the ass.
--Larry
DS409slim
ramdulari
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby ramdulari » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:31 pm

I upgraded to DSM-3.2-1922 a couple weeks ago, and was keeping my fingers crossed that it won't happen again. Unfortunately, it has happened again. TM complained of the same thing - to improve the reliability of the backups, it start with a new backup. This absolutely sucks, and I am now ruing my decision to forgo the Time Capsule! C'mon Synology, I trusted you guys and the good reviews, now don't leave me stranded!

Return to “DiskStation Manager 3.2 BETA - 1869”