User account creation error

A DSM update includes Directory Server, LDAP Client, Remote Folder, Virtual Drive, Syslog Server, Mac OS X Lion Support, Photo Station 5, Google Cloud Print, UPnP Router Support, DSM mobile, CalDAV server, and along with other software enhancements.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Duder
I'm New!
I'm New!

User account creation error

Postby Duder » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:28 pm

I am attempting to create a new user account and get the following error:

"The operation failed. Please log in to DSM again and retry. (244)."

I have logged out and the back in and same issue. Also tried to create the user account different ways (such as different access, different user names, etc) and still same issue. I have also seen this same error when trying to enable the web station. Didnt have this problem prior to DSM 3.2. I also submitted a bug report on it.

I am currently running a DS209. Anyone else have this same issue? Possible resolution?

Thanks!
RonPacheco
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: User account creation error

Postby RonPacheco » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:40 pm

I had the exact same issue under 3.2, exact same error and message, and in fact could not manipulate ANY account settings whatsoever. I was going to try giving admin privileges to a different user and see if that user could then create the new account, and that's how I discovered that any attempts to change any user settings would fail with various error messages. The odd part is that the existing accounts were all created under 3.2, so 3.2 itself could not be the issue. For me, a reboot cleared up the problem.
mike42dk
Proficient
Proficient

Postby mike42dk » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:48 am

Hi

It's a known issuer in DSM 3.2 beta, and they are working on a solution, hopefully it comes with the final release.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
DS 415+ DSM 6 7321
2 WD red 2 TB RAID 1
2 Seagate nas 4 TB basic
DX 213
1 WD purple 1 TB basic
untld
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby untld » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:53 pm

I've just upgraded my DS211J to DSM 3.2, only to run into exactly the same issue as experienced earlier by Duder and Ronpacheco.

I can't add a new user, and when I try so I get the following error:
"The operation failed. Please log in to DSM again and retry. (244)."
The user accounts that I do have were created under 3.0

Has any of you managed to find a solution in the meantime? I've tried rebooting, logging off and on, and changing existing user names. Alas, to no avail. None of these efforts seem to do the trick.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks!
karl
mike42dk
Proficient
Proficient

Postby mike42dk » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:38 am

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
DS 415+ DSM 6 7321
2 WD red 2 TB RAID 1
2 Seagate nas 4 TB basic
DX 213
1 WD purple 1 TB basic
rambolian
Trainee
Trainee

Postby rambolian » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:06 am

Same problem here on the latest DSM... Very frustrating!!!

Return to “DiskStation Manager 3.2 BETA - 1869”