Mount Remote Folder

A DSM update includes Directory Server, LDAP Client, Remote Folder, Virtual Drive, Syslog Server, Mac OS X Lion Support, Photo Station 5, Google Cloud Print, UPnP Router Support, DSM mobile, CalDAV server, and along with other software enhancements.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
DanielD
I'm New!
I'm New!

Mount Remote Folder

Unread post by DanielD » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:14 pm

Is it possible to share content between 2 distant Diskstations using "Mount Remote Folder", or any other way?

I try to have a secure way to share files between my DS109 and my brother's DS411+ii located in another country. So far I found it nearly impossible (just as described in this other topic http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic ... 10&t=20011). For the moment I extract the FTP path from his server, replace manually all the "%20" by spaces in the url and then paste it, prefixed with my credentials in the Download Station, ...fastidious, and no secure (ftp://myname:mypassword@otherSynoFTPurl.org)

The ability to mount remote folders in DSM 3.2 looked like a possible solution but...

I can't mount any CIFS folder from the remote DiskStation even with port UDP 445 openned and properly forwarded on both sides. (I even did it for 137, 139 but I suppose/hope they're not needed!)

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks!
Daniel
Daniel
DS213+ - DSM 4.3

magnused
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Mount Remote Folder

Unread post by magnused » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Hi.
Did you find any solution?
Is it perhaps possible to use the VPN function to connect the two NAS servers?

Regards
Magnus

Return to “DiskStation Manager 3.2 BETA - 1869”