DLNA Mediaserver

A DSM update includes Directory Server, LDAP Client, Remote Folder, Virtual Drive, Syslog Server, Mac OS X Lion Support, Photo Station 5, Google Cloud Print, UPnP Router Support, DSM mobile, CalDAV server, and along with other software enhancements.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
osxchat
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DLNA Mediaserver

Unread post by osxchat » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:35 pm

FIXED

Remove any WMV files videos from the video directory. Indexing is failing on certain [all?] WMVs.

I also added a custom menu type and then reindexed, but the real solution is removal of WMVs.

alexcat
Beginner
Beginner

Re: DLNA Mediaserver

Unread post by alexcat » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:03 pm

In control panel -> media server -> indexed folder i've seen that /photo folder is indexed by default for photo and video file types. Yet, it seems that video files inside the /photo folder are not indexed.
In fact my media player (a samsung tv) does not find and plays video files when I browse the /photo folder. Videos in /video folder are played correctly.
I've done the re-index several times.

Anyone has the same problem?

Return to “DiskStation Manager 3.2 BETA - 1869”