Photo station 5 and password - subfolders

A DSM update includes Directory Server, LDAP Client, Remote Folder, Virtual Drive, Syslog Server, Mac OS X Lion Support, Photo Station 5, Google Cloud Print, UPnP Router Support, DSM mobile, CalDAV server, and along with other software enhancements.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu



2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
User avatar
spolten
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:24 am
Contact:

Photo station 5 and password - subfolders

Postby spolten » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:05 pm

If you create a folder and password protect it, and in that folder create subfolders then you will have to password protect them as well,(and retype the password) instead of you just have the same rigths as on the parent folder? If you make subfolder public people with password to the parent folder can’t see them, am I missing something?? Or is that the way it is?
And why can’t you see the folder name on sub folder ?? (se picture)

Image

on subfolder the folder name is missing
Image

I like the idea of password protect folder instead of creating user :D :D , but I think the sub folder issue is bad :shock:

Thanks
Jacob
syno.allen
Synology Inc
Synology Inc
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:07 am

Re: Photo station 5 and password - subfolders

Postby syno.allen » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Hi spolten:
Here I can see the public subfolders in a password-protected parent folder after I enter the password.
Could you confirm it again ? If it's still having issue, please don't hesitate to report beta bugs. It would be nice if you could give us photo station access to identify the issue.

Regards
dracula5
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:44 pm

Re: Photo station 5 and password - subfolders

Postby dracula5 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Is it possible to users to access password protected folders without passwords, and only require passwords for non-users?

Every time I lock a folder with a password, a none admin account required to enter a password to view pictures inside it. I think users should have access to folders that they have Browse permissions to, which should override password protection feature, as it is designed to share pictures with none uses.
User avatar
spolten
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:24 am
Contact:

Re: Photo station 5 and password - subfolders

Postby spolten » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:50 pm

syno.allen wrote:Hi spolten:
Here I can see the public subfolders in a password-protected parent folder after I enter the password.
Could you confirm it again ? If it's still having issue, please don't hesitate to report beta bugs. It would be nice if you could give us photo station access to identify the issue.

Regards


Hi Syno.allen

I have createde a test folder with password on parrent folder and to subfolders set to public, and and that seems to work fine see test folder here http://spolten.dk/photo/photo_thumb.php?dir=70617373776f72642074657374 password:test
Don't know why i did not work before, strange..

But why have the subfolders no name ?

Image
Is that a bug or can I enable it somewhere ?

Thanks :D
BR Jacob
syno.allen
Synology Inc
Synology Inc
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:07 am

Re: Photo station 5 and password - subfolders

Postby syno.allen » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:16 pm

spolten wrote:
syno.allen wrote:Hi spolten:
Here I can see the public subfolders in a password-protected parent folder after I enter the password.
Could you confirm it again ? If it's still having issue, please don't hesitate to report beta bugs. It would be nice if you could give us photo station access to identify the issue.

Regards


Hi Syno.allen

I have createde a test folder with password on parrent folder and to subfolders set to public, and and that seems to work fine see test folder here http://spolten.dk/photo/photo_thumb.php?dir=70617373776f72642074657374 password:test
Don't know why i did not work before, strange..

But why have the subfolders no name ?

Image
Is that a bug or can I enable it somewhere ?

Thanks :D
BR Jacob


No title display in sub albums in the design of Photo Station 5 Beta. As we have received similar feedbacks for this, we are planning to add back this function.

Regards
sanderdw
Trainee
Trainee
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:04 pm

Re: Photo station 5 and password - subfolders

Postby sanderdw » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:20 pm

syno.allen wrote:
No title display in sub albums in the design of Photo Station 5 Beta. As we have received similar feedbacks for this, we are planning to add back this function.

Regards



Glad to hear its coming back.
User avatar
spolten
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:24 am
Contact:

Re: Photo station 5 and password - subfolders

Postby spolten » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:53 pm

syno.allen wrote:
spolten wrote:
syno.allen wrote:Hi spolten:
Here I can see the public subfolders in a password-protected parent folder after I enter the password.
Could you confirm it again ? If it's still having issue, please don't hesitate to report beta bugs. It would be nice if you could give us photo station access to identify the issue.

Regards


Hi Syno.allen

I have createde a test folder with password on parrent folder and to subfolders set to public, and and that seems to work fine see test folder here http://spolten.dk/photo/photo_thumb.php?dir=70617373776f72642074657374 password:test
Don't know why i did not work before, strange..

But why have the subfolders no name ?

Image
Is that a bug or can I enable it somewhere ?

Thanks :D
BR Jacob


No title display in sub albums in the design of Photo Station 5 Beta. As we have received similar feedbacks for this, we are planning to add back this function.

Regards


Hi

I can't see the function "title display in sub albums" is there and now Photo Station 5 is not Beta anymore is it ? will it be back ??
Thanks
Jacob
Flankie
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: Photo station 5 and password - subfolders

Postby Flankie » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:57 pm

Still no folder names.... Random pic for the folder is not great, too....

Return to “DiskStation Manager 3.2 BETA - 1869”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest