Photo station 5 and password - subfolders

A DSM update includes Directory Server, LDAP Client, Remote Folder, Virtual Drive, Syslog Server, Mac OS X Lion Support, Photo Station 5, Google Cloud Print, UPnP Router Support, DSM mobile, CalDAV server, and along with other software enhancements.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
spolten
Beginner
Beginner

Photo station 5 and password - subfolders

Unread post by spolten » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:05 pm

If you create a folder and password protect it, and in that folder create subfolders then you will have to password protect them as well,(and retype the password) instead of you just have the same rigths as on the parent folder? If you make subfolder public people with password to the parent folder can’t see them, am I missing something?? Or is that the way it is?
And why can’t you see the folder name on sub folder ?? (se picture)

on subfolder the folder name is missing

I like the idea of password protect folder instead of creating user :D :D , but I think the sub folder issue is bad :shock:

Thanks
Jacob

syno.allen
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Re: Photo station 5 and password - subfolders

Unread post by syno.allen » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Hi spolten:
Here I can see the public subfolders in a password-protected parent folder after I enter the password.
Could you confirm it again ? If it's still having issue, please don't hesitate to report beta bugs. It would be nice if you could give us photo station access to identify the issue.

Regards

dracula5
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by dracula5 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Is it possible to users to access password protected folders without passwords, and only require passwords for non-users?

Every time I lock a folder with a password, a none admin account required to enter a password to view pictures inside it. I think users should have access to folders that they have Browse permissions to, which should override password protection feature, as it is designed to share pictures with none uses.

spolten
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by spolten » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:50 pm

syno.allen wrote:Hi spolten:
Here I can see the public subfolders in a password-protected parent folder after I enter the password.
Could you confirm it again ? If it's still having issue, please don't hesitate to report beta bugs. It would be nice if you could give us photo station access to identify the issue.

Regards
Hi Syno.allen

I have createde a test folder with password on parrent folder and to subfolders set to public, and and that seems to work fine see test folder here http://spolten.dk/photo/photo_thumb.php ... 2074657374 password:test
Don't know why i did not work before, strange..

But why have the subfolders no name ?

Is that a bug or can I enable it somewhere ?

BR Jacob

syno.allen
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Unread post by syno.allen » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:16 pm

spolten wrote:

Regards
Hi Syno.allen

I have createde a test folder with password on parrent folder and to subfolders set to public, and and that seems to work fine see test folder here http://spolten.dk/photo/photo_thumb.php ... 2074657374 password:test

BR Jacob
No title display in sub albums in the design of Photo Station 5 Beta. As we have received similar feedbacks for this, we are planning to add back this function.

Regards

sanderdw
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by sanderdw » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:20 pm

syno.allen wrote:
No title display in sub albums in the design of Photo Station 5 Beta. As we have received similar feedbacks for this, we are planning to add back this function.

Regards

Glad to hear its coming back.

spolten
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by spolten » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:53 pm

syno.allen wrote:
spolten wrote:

Regards
Hi Syno.allen

BR Jacob

Regards
Hi

I can't see the function "title display in sub albums" is there and now Photo Station 5 is not Beta anymore is it ? will it be back ??
Thanks
Jacob

Flankie
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Flankie » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:57 pm

Still no folder names.... Random pic for the folder is not great, too....

Return to “DiskStation Manager 3.2 BETA - 1869”