Surveillance Station Live View

A DSM update includes Directory Server, LDAP Client, Remote Folder, Virtual Drive, Syslog Server, Mac OS X Lion Support, Photo Station 5, Google Cloud Print, UPnP Router Support, DSM mobile, CalDAV server, and along with other software enhancements.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
armandzwan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Surveillance Station Live View

Postby armandzwan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Live View isn't working anymore. Safari says:
http://192.168.1.3:5000/surveillance/cg ... plet.class
not found

Loading message does not go away.

I'm using Mac OS X 10.7
Safari 5.1
110J
mike42dk
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Surveillance Station Live View

Postby mike42dk » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:33 am

Hi

If you look inside the help file in Surveillance station, there's a part about Safari browser compatibility, that says:

Before watching events or live views with Mac Safari 5 or onward, do the following to make sure your browser settings are appropriate:
Go to Apple menu > Software Update and check for any possible Java updates to make sure your Java applet is up-to-date.
Go to Applications > Utilities to open Java Preferences.
Move the 32-bit version of Java SE to the top of the application list.
Go to Applications, right-click on Safari and choose Get Info.
Tick Open in 32-bit mode.

have you tried that?
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
DS 415+ DSM 6 7321
2 WD red 2 TB RAID 1
2 Seagate nas 4 TB basic
DX 213
1 WD purple 1 TB basic
p.plevier
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby p.plevier » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi,

I've the same problem with Safari. The options that Michael mentioned don't solve the problem.

Regards, Paul
tlm327
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby tlm327 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:09 pm

I just updated to Lion OS X 10.7 and am running on Safari 5.1 I also just updated to DSM 3.2 Beta. Wanted to try out the new surveillance station support in Safari 5...but i'm also experiencing the same problem, the loading screen won't go away. I've also noticed where the live feed would be it says "Inactive Plug-in" and that the bottom it says there was an error loading on the page.. ".../com.synology.MainApplet.class" the error is "Not Found".

Any help would be much appreciated!

Tim
armandzwan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby armandzwan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:38 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately it's not working. On 10.6.8 with Safari 5.0.5 it is working (in 32 bits mode).
110J
tlm327
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby tlm327 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:23 pm

i've been poking around with this all morning and i'm halfway there. If you do whats mentioned above

Applications > Utilities > Java Preferences.

then move the 32-bit above 64-bit

NEXT the new step, check the box above that that says "Enable applet plug-in and Web Start applications"

then go to Safari icon > right click > get info > check "Open in 32-bit Mode"

I did a restart of my computer just to make sure i was starting fresh. I opened Safari and went to Surveillance Station, it loads the java stuff, and i'm in. My problem now is the live feed isn't working. It just shows a black box. When I go to management the little thumbnails of the video feeds show up, and everything else seems to work, its just a problem with the live feed section. Anyways hope this helps to find a solution.

Tim
syno.allen
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Postby syno.allen » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:13 am

Dear all:
We are sorry to notify you that Surveillance Station Liveview and Event Playback feature will not work for Safari 5.1, which is default browser in Lion.

We are aware of this issue and will fix it in DSM 3.2 official release.

Sorry for inconvenience

Regards
tlm327
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby tlm327 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:53 am

Thanks for the fast reply!! Just curious any rough ETA on the official release of 3.2?
dark
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby dark » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi all, i have the same problem on SAFARI 5.1 and OS X Lion.

I have black boxes on LiveView, just, when i swap in full screen mode doing a clic on the down right button, video work, and when i swap again in windowed mode, black boxes again .....

Thx Synology and they support, i hope Last release will be soon online to download with fix.
voip-ninja
Experienced
Experienced

Postby voip-ninja » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:35 pm

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I just ran into this problem myself, with DSM 4.0 and OS X Lion (latest updates installed).

It gives an error and indicates it only supports Safari in 32 bit mode.

Um, guys, I'm not going to impact the performance of my browser just to get Surveillance Station to work by configuring Safari to only run with 32 bit mode.

You guys need to get it together and start defaulting standard configuration Safari for modern OS that is 64 bits with all applications. There's little excuse for this kind of thing anymore, especially when I can visit plenty of sites that rely on Java that work perfectly well with Safari.

Return to “DiskStation Manager 3.2 BETA - 1869”