Samsung CLP-315 and AirPrint

Got questions on using your printer with our server? Post it here.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
CMDRSpike
I'm New!
I'm New!

Samsung CLP-315 and AirPrint

Unread post by CMDRSpike » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:32 pm

Hoping someone can help with get this working. I've tried all I can think of and still no joy.

My Kit
  • Synology DS211
    DSM 5.1-5022 Update 2
    Samsung CLP-315 (connected via Ethernet on same subnet as NAS)
    Apple iPAD 3
My Requirements
  • To be able to print from my iPad to my Samsung Printer.
What I've tried
  • Control Panel / External Devices / Printer
    Add Network Printer
    Enter in the IP of my printer (I can print directly from my Windows 8.1 PC so I know my printer is working)
    Give my printer a Name
    Protocol - What should I be using? I've tried all options.
    Queue Name - What should I use? I've tried "default "RAW" and other things I've seen on the forums.
    Brand - This is recognized as the correct brand
    Model - This is recognized as the correct model
    Enable Air Print
    My specific model isn't listed in the BRadn/Driver section. I've tried all the Samsung options and the generic options.
More Info
DSM reports the print as on-line but I can't for the life of me get a test page to print. When I look for it on my iPad (by trying to print a web page) and it's not seen.

I've even tried connect via a USB cable and still can't get a test page or AirPrint to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

thefleur
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Samsung CLP-315 and AirPrint

Unread post by thefleur » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:02 pm

hello, I have the same issue and confirm that today it doesn't seem that Synology have a full list of all printers drivers. Eventually I could install my Samsung laser printer like on linux (apt) but I am not even sure it will work at the end. I have the CLP-360 but there is only ML-series printers in the list proposed... if any one has a clue.

Vellu
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by Vellu » Fri May 01, 2015 6:38 pm

I have the same problem.
I have Samsung CLP-510N.
It is recognized by the system after setting the name ("SEC...") and IP address and the protocol stuff.
I've tried them all, and always when I try to print the test page the printer just wakes up, but nothing is printed.

I tried generic PCL 5c drivers and few of the Samsung drivers, but there wasn't specific driver for my printer. At first I thought that this might be the reason, but since I'm not the only one with these problems, I don't know.

I have DS1812+ and almost latest DSM updates (DSM 5.1-5022 Update 4). I know Update 5 is available, but other things prevent me from upgrading right now.

I can use the printer normally from any computer in the home network, there's no problem with the printer itself.

This is the first time I have tried to add the printer into this NAS, so I'm not absolutely sure what are supposed to be the correct settings there (and if I even can get it working without specific drivers).

Vellu
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by Vellu » Fri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm

I set up the printer (using the network path via DS1812) on Windows 7 and used
the windows 7 drivers that I have. Then printing the test page, and there it was.
I don't know how big issue it is (in the future) for me to not have the driver
on DSM and not being able to print the test page (or anything else).

Survivor
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by Survivor » Sat May 21, 2016 6:52 am

I have same issue, but another color MFU of Samsung - it's not supported and there are no drivers in DSM control panel list.
Did anyone tried to install Linux drivers over console?

Return to “Printer Server”