record live video from smartphone directly to nas?

Topics include DS audio, DS photo+, DS video, DS file, DS cloud, DS download, DS cam & DS finder.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
jetspeedz
Experienced
Experienced

record live video from smartphone directly to nas?

Unread post by jetspeedz » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:28 am

Are there any apps that allow live video recording from smartphones to a synology nas? I know there are apps to load to public clouds but anything out there to record directly to our nas?

Thanks

m.hombach
Trainee
Trainee

Re: record live video from smartphone directly to nas?

Unread post by m.hombach » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:22 pm

"directly" as "directly"?
This won't work, because you need a space where your device can write to with fullspeed and without ANY data-loss.
So you need to record to your device first and then upload it.
Sure, you could hack into your device and change the save-location to your nNAS, but as i wrote above, mostly the app would crash because of buffering-/saving-problems.

jetspeedz
Experienced
Experienced

Re: record live video from smartphone directly to nas?

Unread post by jetspeedz » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:52 am

You bring up a good point, but I'm interested in the latter which is automatic upload to NAS after the video is shot like other apps that load to some public cloud. So far I have found a third party app that does a sync when connected to wifi but that is not exactly what I'm looking for.

Return to “Mobile DS Apps”