record live video from smartphone directly to nas?

Topics include DS audio, DS photo+, DS video, DS file, DS cloud, DS download, DS cam & DS finder.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form, or the one inside the mobile apps:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
jetspeedz
Experienced
Experienced

record live video from smartphone directly to nas?

Postby jetspeedz » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:28 am

Are there any apps that allow live video recording from smartphones to a synology nas? I know there are apps to load to public clouds but anything out there to record directly to our nas?

Thanks
m.hombach
Trainee
Trainee

Re: record live video from smartphone directly to nas?

Postby m.hombach » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:22 pm

"directly" as "directly"?
This won't work, because you need a space where your device can write to with fullspeed and without ANY data-loss.
So you need to record to your device first and then upload it.
Sure, you could hack into your device and change the save-location to your nNAS, but as i wrote above, mostly the app would crash because of buffering-/saving-problems.
jetspeedz
Experienced
Experienced

Re: record live video from smartphone directly to nas?

Postby jetspeedz » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:52 am

You bring up a good point, but I'm interested in the latter which is automatic upload to NAS after the video is shot like other apps that load to some public cloud. So far I have found a third party app that does a sync when connected to wifi but that is not exactly what I'm looking for.

Return to “Mobile DS Apps”