iPhone app for Audiobook streaming

Topics include DS audio, DS photo+, DS video, DS file, DS cloud, DS download, DS cam & DS finder.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Gaunts Ghost
Sharp
Sharp

iPhone app for Audiobook streaming

Unread post by Gaunts Ghost » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:30 pm

Hello

I have a lot of Audiobooks on my Diskstation. Currently I sync them through iTunes to my iPhone, but I would be a lot more comfortable for me if I could just stream directly.
One possibility is to use DS Audio, but while it does remember how far you have come and buffers the files to the phone, it loses the "bookmark" whenever I choose to play something else.

Does anyone here have any ideas for third party Audiobook apps that offers WebDAV connection or FTP access? Preferably with the options to download/buffer.
DS212J

blockisland
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: iPhone app for Audiobook streaming

Unread post by blockisland » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Hi,

Did you ever find a workable solution to this? I am trying to find a good way to play my archive of audiobooks, but so far haven't found a good solution.

Gaunts Ghost
Sharp
Sharp

Unread post by Gaunts Ghost » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:08 pm

No. I have to sync them through iTunes or buy them again through Audible.
DS212J

PsiVulc
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by PsiVulc » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:29 pm

I use an app called VoiceDream on the iPhone.

It's primarily used for text-to-speech (I use it linked to Instapaper), but I just did an experiment with an audio book in MP3 and it seems to work - keeps last position etc.

For some reason, the DS Cloud app has an Open With... function, whereas DS File doesn't seem to. So, I added the MP3 audio book to a new folder in one of my Cloud shares, let that sync with the iPhone, tapped the i next to the filename, tapped Open With... and selected VoiceDream and the file gets copied in.

A few steps, but at least you can do it all from your iOS device.

Hope this helps.

Gaunts Ghost
Sharp
Sharp

Unread post by Gaunts Ghost » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:35 am

PsiVulc wrote:I use an app called VoiceDream on the iPhone.

It's primarily used for text-to-speech (I use it linked to Instapaper), but I just did an experiment with an audio book in MP3 and it seems to work - keeps last position etc.

For some reason, the DS Cloud app has an Open With... function, whereas DS File doesn't seem to. So, I added the MP3 audio book to a new folder in one of my Cloud shares, let that sync with the iPhone, tapped the i next to the filename, tapped Open With... and selected VoiceDream and the file gets copied in.

A few steps, but at least you can do it all from your iOS device.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for the feedback.
DS212J

Return to “Mobile DS Apps”