DS Photo+ with Personal Photo Station

Topics include DS audio, DS photo+, DS video, DS file, DS cloud, DS download, DS cam & DS finder.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
kissinuk
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS Photo+ with Personal Photo Station

Postby kissinuk » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:18 am

Hi,
Is it possible for a user to upload to their Personal Photo Station from DS Photo+? I can only seem to upload to the main Photo Station.

Also, is it possible for normal users to add new albums?
dudesuper
Trainee
Trainee

Re: DS Photo+ with Personal Photo Station

Postby dudesuper » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:03 pm

Yes when you put the server address in you need to add "/~username" to the server address
kissinuk
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby kissinuk » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately when you enter /~username on the Android app it force closes (or at least it does on a Galaxy S2). First time I tried it crashed, reopened, crashed again (x10!). Next time I tried it crashed every time I opened the app (as it tries to log on automatically). I had to delete the cache from the app in order to set it back to the normal PhotoStation.

However, since the thumbnails take stupidly long to generate I am now using 'ES File Explorer' on Android to browse photos stored in a standard shared folder. It creates its own thumbnails and is very fast on my local network. You wouldn't want to do this over a mobile network though as I imagine it needs to download the whole photo to initally create the thumbnail - although you can turn the thumbnails off.
Arsenius
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Arsenius » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:46 pm

Thank you for your tip, it workes on my galaxy SII and my asus transformer prime, tyvm was getting frustrated that i coudnt find it, they should add this in there help page.
charld
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby charld » Sun May 01, 2016 12:25 am

thanks this has been very helpful!

Return to “Mobile DS Apps”