DS mobile apps & iOS 11 integration

Topics include DS audio, DS photo+, DS video, DS file, DS cloud, DS download, DS cam & DS finder.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
LucaBH
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS mobile apps & iOS 11 integration

Unread post by LucaBH » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:03 am

Hi guys.
I'm on the way of mostly replacing my MacBookPro with an iPad - for things I do iPad + iOS11 is a quasi-perfect match.
Of course I own a Synology NAS and I'm starting using it heavily as my files/photos repository & personal cloud, clearly via dedicated DS mobile apps.

However I'm noticing a far from perfect integration of those apps with latest Apple's iOS release. Just an example: drag and drop doesn't work (!). To be honest this is quite upsetting, as it greatly reduces the the potential of the NAS for tasks said above - that instead it should be made for.

I sent a feature suggestion, waiting for a reply. In the mean time I would love to hear your feedbacks and experiences. Do you use your NAS coupled with an iPad to do work on mobility? Do you struggles with issues like me? Do you found any countermeasure?

Thanks a lot. Ciao
Luca

Hammeroz
Trainee
Trainee

Re: DS mobile apps & iOS 11 integration

Unread post by Hammeroz » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:12 pm

Yes I agree. I will not be upgrading my nas unless it works seemlessly on iOS.

WST16
Versed
Versed

Unread post by WST16 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:35 pm

Hi,

I use Readdle's PDF Expert and Documents on the iPAD. I usually use them with Pages and Numbers.

I've configured WebDAV and that's how I connect to the NAS. Maybe this will give you some ideas for your workflow :-)
DS216+II : DS118 : APC Back UPS ES 700 : Mac user

LucaBH
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by LucaBH » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:47 am

Hi.

Short update. Since the time of my original post I’ve been starting using another app - FileBrowser - whenever I need doing file handling on the NAS. For me it’s the perfect companion and I use it heavily especially when I do photos archiving. It connects to the NAS via FTPS, which means that I can use it only at home - as my Internet provider uses NAT IP addresses. But it’ok: I do management at home and I revert to Synolgy’s apps when I’m outside and need just to access to files.

Return to “Mobile DS Apps”