DS Chat : Cannot connect with android app

Topics include DS audio, DS photo+, DS video, DS file, DS cloud, DS download, DS cam & DS finder.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form, or the one inside the mobile apps:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
gilder89
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS Chat : Cannot connect with android app

Postby gilder89 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi everybody,

I use my DS216+II with my mobile (android 7) for accessing DS photo, DS cam, DS files, DS notes... and it's all right!
But for 3/4 months, I want to use DS chat and the problems begin!
I have each time I want to connect the message "Connection failed to diskstation. Please check the connection to the network or IP adress of your diskstation".

I already tried many things in many contexts :
- All others synology android apps work fine on my android phone. And undiferently with wifi or cellularnetwork.
- I can access DS chat on the web with chrome both on laptop and phone and both on wifi or cellular network.
- I tried to uninstall the package on my nas et reinstall : nothing changes.
- I tried to uninstall / reinstall the android app : nothing changes.
- I checked the firewall : the chat app use the default port. And if i use the portal application to add a port : nothing changes.
- I tried to use ip adress, quick connect... .

So, I just don't know how to make it work this app on my nas!!!
Anyone can help me?

Sincerly,

gilder89
hansik
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS Chat : Cannot connect with android app

Postby hansik » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:46 pm

I have the same problem, I waited 4 months, thinking it was a bug in the Android app. I tried everything, creating new admin accounts giving it all rights... it is simply not possible to login, whereas the IOS app never had a problem.

Very annoying :(
jk12
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS Chat : Cannot connect with android app

Postby jk12 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:58 am

haven't been able to use this app since upgrading to latest DSM. Kinda important. This kind of fail will cause me to look to other options...not sure if other NAS vendors are any better. Will research though.

Return to “Mobile DS Apps”