DS Chat : Cannot connect with android app

Topics include DS audio, DS photo+, DS video, DS file, DS cloud, DS download, DS cam & DS finder.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
gilder89
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS Chat : Cannot connect with android app

Unread post by gilder89 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi everybody,

I use my DS216+II with my mobile (android 7) for accessing DS photo, DS cam, DS files, DS notes... and it's all right!
But for 3/4 months, I want to use DS chat and the problems begin!
I have each time I want to connect the message "Connection failed to diskstation. Please check the connection to the network or IP adress of your diskstation".

I already tried many things in many contexts :
- All others synology android apps work fine on my android phone. And undiferently with wifi or cellularnetwork.
- I can access DS chat on the web with chrome both on laptop and phone and both on wifi or cellular network.
- I tried to uninstall the package on my nas et reinstall : nothing changes.
- I tried to uninstall / reinstall the android app : nothing changes.
- I checked the firewall : the chat app use the default port. And if i use the portal application to add a port : nothing changes.
- I tried to use ip adress, quick connect... .

So, I just don't know how to make it work this app on my nas!!!
Anyone can help me?

Sincerly,

gilder89

hansik
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS Chat : Cannot connect with android app

Unread post by hansik » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:46 pm

I have the same problem, I waited 4 months, thinking it was a bug in the Android app. I tried everything, creating new admin accounts giving it all rights... it is simply not possible to login, whereas the IOS app never had a problem.

Very annoying :(

jk12
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by jk12 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:58 am

haven't been able to use this app since upgrading to latest DSM. Kinda important. This kind of fail will cause me to look to other options...not sure if other NAS vendors are any better. Will research though.

tarra88
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by tarra88 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:17 am

Has this been fixed yet for Android? I just installed it and it worked fine when I was connected to my home network (i.e. the same as my DS). However when I went outside and have to connect via another internet connection it returns the "no network connection" error, when I am obviously connected to the internet and all my other internet apps are working fine!

tarra88
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by tarra88 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:21 am

Update. I just unchecked the "use HTTPS" and it connected. How can I be sure that my chat is being encrypted? I use this in a country which has blocked all apps that are encrypted, and I want to encrypt my chat with my family. How do I ensure it is encrypted?

tarra88
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by tarra88 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:36 am

Ok, I've used the Chat for 2 days now and always have the same problem (I am using Android, connecting with a friend with iPhone. My Android keeps coming up with "no connection error" when I am connected to the internet. The only way to fix it is to log out of Chat, and then log in again. Then miraculously it connects. However this makes the Chat app useless, as I if my friend sends a message when the app has disconnected, obviously I don't know - as I get no notification when the Chat app decides it can't find the network anymore. Such a shame. This would be my go-to app if it worked properly. Not useful at all when it randomly disconnects with no warning, and I have to log off and log on again to get it connected.

tldr: don't use it if you have Android. I'm not sure if the same issue happens with iOS.

Return to “Mobile DS Apps”