ios DS mobile apps will not connect on LAN

Topics include DS audio, DS photo+, DS video, DS file, DS cloud, DS download, DS cam & DS finder.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form, or the one inside the mobile apps:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
rks171
I'm New!
I'm New!

ios DS mobile apps will not connect on LAN

Postby rks171 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:34 pm

I have a DS215j setup on my network. I can log into the device from any computer on my LAN. I can log in with DS video on my Roku. My problem is I cannot log in via any DS app (video, file, photo, finder, audio) on my iphone. However, if I simply shut off my phone wifi and switch over to 4G and log into my NAS VPN, I can connect via any of the apps. So contrary to many of the problems I have seen on this forum, I can connect external to the network, but not from within my home network. Is there some kind of firewall setting on my NAS I need to change? When I go into any of the DS apps, they can't even find the NAS on the network.
rks171
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: ios DS mobile apps will not connect on LAN

Postby rks171 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:23 am

Just to add, my iPhone is a 4S. My wife has a 5S and it does not have any problems accessing the NAS on the network, so this seems to be a problem related to the 4S.
thetryout
Trainee
Trainee

Re: ios DS mobile apps will not connect on LAN

Postby thetryout » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:30 pm

Hey rks171,

If you check in the Media Server application - DMA Compatibility and check under Device List, does it list your iPhone (or the MAC address for your phone)

I don't think it would be specific to 4s (I could be very wrong though as I don't own one)
I do own a iPhone 3Gs, and I am able to connect locally with that one.

If other iDevics connect to your NAS, what you can do is Forget Your Network in your Wifi settings of your phone and retry your connection. Try using a static IP

You can also download a network analyzer app for your iPhone and do a scan of your local network. This should list any device on the network including your NAS to just see whether your able to communicate between them or not
DS212j 2x2TB WD Red

Return to “Mobile DS Apps”