Applications for Windows 10?

Topics include DS audio, DS photo+, DS video, DS file, DS cloud, DS download, DS cam & DS finder.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
bacsom
Beginner
Beginner

Applications for Windows 10?

Postby bacsom » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:43 pm

Any chance that the applications for Windows Phone 8 will appear in the Store of Windows 10 in the near future? :-)
loloaqic
Novice
Novice

Re: Applications for Windows 10?

Postby loloaqic » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:58 pm

I would also like to add some weight to this request.
More specifically, DS Video. And DS Cam. Both for Windows 10 desktop.
DS2413+
8xWD 4TB RedPro RAID10(with 1xHot Spare)
stuffandthings
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby stuffandthings » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:57 am

Strongly agreed!
Universal Windows 10 apps that work on desktop/laptop/tablet and phone would make me very happy.
bacsom
Beginner
Beginner

Postby bacsom » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:14 am

DS Video has just appeared in the MarketPlace on my Windows 10 machine.
CS_Jr
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby CS_Jr » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:47 pm

Just purchased Synology due to their strong support for Windows Phone. Would be thrilled if Synology made Universal Windows 10 apps!
spitfirenl
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby spitfirenl » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:37 pm

At the moment we have only DS video and photo in the windows 10 store for desktops/tablets.
I'm using a Surface Pro 4 tablet and take it where ever I go. Ever since I put my NAS behind a VPN service I need to use quickconnect to controle download station remotely. I would really welcome DS download on my SP4 tab in windows store.
DS cam and file are also needed.
FranckeM
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby FranckeM » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:04 am

the Mailplus app still not for windows 10
olafb
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby olafb » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Same here. Woud love to see Universal Apps across Windows 10 devices. Basically have a mobile version of today's desktop DS Video and DS Photo. On top to have all the other Windows Phone 8.1. apps (e.g. DS Audio) in the same fashion for desktop.
syno.dustin
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby syno.dustin » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:46 pm

olafb wrote:Same here. Woud love to see Universal Apps across Windows 10 devices. Basically have a mobile version of today's desktop DS Video and DS Photo. On top to have all the other Windows Phone 8.1. apps (e.g. DS Audio) in the same fashion for desktop.

Wait, I don't have a Windows Phone to test, do those apps not work on mobile? I thought that was a requirement for UWP.
If you need technical support please use this form: https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php
Synology does not consistently browse this forum for technical support, feature requests, or any other inquiries as it notes at the top of the page. Please use the proper channels when you need help from someone at Synology.
olafb
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby olafb » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:31 pm

syno.dustin wrote:
olafb wrote:Same here. Woud love to see Universal Apps across Windows 10 devices. Basically have a mobile version of today's desktop DS Video and DS Photo. On top to have all the other Windows Phone 8.1. apps (e.g. DS Audio) in the same fashion for desktop.

Wait, I don't have a Windows Phone to test, do those apps not work on mobile? I thought that was a requirement for UWP.

Sorry for the late reply. So on Windows 10 Mobile you have DS audio, DS download, DS File, DS Finder, DS Photo and DS Video. On Windows 10 Desktop you only have DS Video and DS Photo. Now on Windows 10 Desktop, DS Video and DS Photo look much different (but much better!) than on Windows 10 Mobile. So why not bring the design of the Dektop Apps to Mobile and bring the missing Apps to Desktop? That would be absolutely fantastic :-) Would love to help testing!
RenaatLO
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby RenaatLO » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:35 pm

I just bought a windows phone (hp elite x3) and am testing all synology apps to use with the NAS.
Sadly, I can't seem to download any files for "offline" use as I was able on ios/android.
Also, DS Get (formerly DS Download) is unavailable for now as well.
I don't think it's a limitation to my device, but any help in what might cause the issue would be greatly appreciated (as I see other people have been able to successfully install/use it.

Kind regards
Wardl895
Novice
Novice

Postby Wardl895 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:36 pm

I don't know if this is of any help BUT

I just upgraded my wife and mothers windows phone from W8.1 to 10 with help from the upgrade app on the store, this then unlocks the update to windows 10 on the check for updates part on the phone.

When on 8.1 I had every app available for wp8.1, after the upgrade to 10 all the apps where still present, but I did think it odd when I went on the store and typed in synology it only show 1 or 2 apps (cant remember which ones)

So... I'm glad I upgraded rather than have it pre-installed, it seems to have "Fooled" the apps into installing under wp10

Both phones where Microsoft Lumia 535

so if it was "Me", id downgrade if possible from 10 to 8.1, install the apps then upgrade.

Rich.
-----My Setup-----
APC Smart UPS 1000
Synology DS1815+
Netgear DGND3300 Router
Netgear GS748TS 48 Port Gigabit Switch
Netgear WMS5316 Wireless Management System
Netgear WNDAP360 Access Point
Netgear WNDAP320 Access Point's x2
HiKvision DS-2CD2132F-IS
HiKvision DS-2CD2132-I x2

Various android boxes feeding from the Nas as a shared database.
Any questions just ask!

Return to “Mobile DS Apps”