OpenVPN "Allow clients to access servers LAN" not working

Discussion room for Synology VPN package in DSM 3.1-1725 or above.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
MMD
Versed
Versed

Re: OpenVPN "Allow clients to access servers LAN" not working

Postby MMD » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:32 am

If the route is received by your client but not being set, then the problem is your client, could be that the logged in account has no privilege to set routes...

Logs of server and client @ verb 4 may shed more light.
xhitm3n
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby xhitm3n » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:37 pm

Hi all,
I have this issue with my Synology RT1900ac Router, i installed the VPN Plus and OpenVPN, i tried to ping LAN devices but no response, i tried on Android and Windows, same problem? my subnets are 192.168.2.0/24 and (VPN) 192.168.4.0/24 i tried with default subnet for OpenVPN with no luck, the firewall rule is the default by the Package Installation, which is ALLOW ALL from source to DESTINATION (OpenvPN) 1194 allow flag, anyone got this working? i can connect fine but no LAN ping.

EDIT---

My problem is the firewall, all LAN devices think my VPN network is from public and block it, if i disable the firewall i have no problems, how can i fix this? i tried to add a rule to my LAN subnet to VPN subnet but doesnt seem to work ?
elliottlock
Beginner
Beginner

Postby elliottlock » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:41 pm

Has there been any movement on this issue? I can't see my network either but can connect to the VPN server just fine.
johnhiggins
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby johnhiggins » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:28 am

I have the exact same problem with the RT1900ac router. Using OpenVPN but cannot see the local devices.

Has anyone found a fix?

Return to “VPN Server”