Lightroom Export Plugin: PhotoStation Upload

Questions about the Synology Photo Station can be placed here.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
l.lki
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Lightroom Export Plugin: PhotoStation Upload

Unread post by l.lki » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:58 pm

Thanks for your help! I have both DSCF0001 and IMG_0001 filenames. Anyhow, the four latest alphanumerics (digits in that case) are significant. I would like to have only the 0001 as part of the filename on the NAS.

flingo
Sharp
Sharp

Unread post by flingo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:49 am

Ok, you may try this:

Code: Select all

{LrFM:fileName .+(%d%d%d%d)%.%w+}
to extract exactly the last 4 digits,

or this:

{LrFM:fileName [^%d]+(%d+)%.%w+}
to remove any leading non-digits,

or this:

{LrFM:fileName .*[^%d](%d+)%.%w+}
to remove any leading character up to the last non-digit character This works (tested!) for any filename having a number suffix.

Martin

l.lki
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by l.lki » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Thank's a lot! The last was the code that I needed. Now my only problem is that there is no option to export 4k videos from Lightroom but that's Adobe's fault... :x :D

flingo
Sharp
Sharp

Unread post by flingo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:35 am

What's the issue with 4K-Videos?
On Lr 6.9 /Win I'm able to export a 4K-Video as Original or as H.264/Max (down scaled to FullHD).

l.lki
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by l.lki » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:36 pm

The problem is that there is not possibility to export as H.264 with 4K-resolution. Of course there is always possibility to export original unedited but then trimming etc. options are not available.

I have one additional problem. Can you explain what "rejected removed" metadata means? I have all the time that kind of errors and part of the published photos ens up to needed to re-publish. In log file there is line "no changes, 1 rejected changes" at the picture. Also it prints line "ERROR: exiftool ... terminated with error 1!" at the end. I cannot find the exiftool log file that is read on the error line. I know that the problem is related to uploading metadata from the Synology NAS but I cannot find out what is the metadata that causes these errors.

flingo
Sharp
Sharp

Unread post by flingo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:20 pm

The message 'rejected removed metadata' indicates that some metadata were (seemingly) removed in Photo Station. Metadata removals in Photo Station will not be forwarded to the Lr version of the photo, therefore the two versions of the photo are assumed to be no longer in sync and therefore the photo reverts to 'Modified to re-publish'.

This is, what it means in short, there is more more info in this Wiki article on two-way-sync.

To find out which metadata was (seemingly) removed in PS you will have to set the Loglevel to Trace or higher

Having said that, it's worth noting that there are situations where there was no metadata removal on the PS side and you still get this error. In particular, if you uploaded a bunch of photos to a slow diskstation. Now, when Photo StatLr asks for the photo metadata and the diskstation has not yet completed the indexing of the metadata of the recently uploaded photos, it will return empty metadata and thus Photo StatLr interprets it as removed metadata which it will reject.

To circumvent this situation, it's advisable to (buy a faster diskstation or) set Metadata Download to "Ask me later" or "No", so that you may skip the metadata download after the upload phase of each Publishing job. You may still use the download metadata feature when you know there are some changes in PS via the "Refresh Comments" button in the Comment panel.

l.lki
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by l.lki » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:16 am

That helped a lot! Seems that I have read inaccurately the Wiki... Thank you!

flingo
Sharp
Sharp

v6.4.1: Support for upload of rendered 4K videos

Unread post by flingo » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:35 pm

Version 6.4.1 is out.

The most important new feature is the support for upload of rendered videos with original resolution. This is helpful in particular for 4K videos since Lr only allows upload of rendered videos with up to Full Hd resolution.
The "Original Size" setting can be found in the "Video" section of the Export/Publish Service und "Custom Presets".

@l.lki,
please check if this setting works for your videos and let me know.

Martin

Edit:
There's seems to be a localization issue in the Export/Publish Service dialog, so you won't probably see the new Video Export preset if you use a language other English.

noelhsydney
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by noelhsydney » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:52 am

Hi Martin
Thank you for the great plugin and publishing tool
I have installed to a Mac book pro running El Capitan 10.11.6
Lightroom version: CC 2015.10.1 [ 1117303 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Operating system: Mac OS 10
Version: 10.11 [6]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 4
Processor speed: 2.6 GHz
Built-in memory: 16,384.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16,384.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1,018.3 MB (6.2%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1,484.4 MB
Memory cache size: 998.1MB / 3,864.7MB (25.8%)
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 481MB / 8191MB (5%)
Displays: 1) 2560x1600

I have received an error message
Booo!!
Initialization of Standard Photo Station at
http:// nnn.nnn.n.n [my machine]
failed!
Reason: ErrorCode: -1001

Would you have an idea what this means? Happy to share other details in PM. (noelhsydney@gmail.com)

flingo
Sharp
Sharp

Unread post by flingo » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:28 pm

I wasn't able to generate a -1001 return code on my Windows systems via any misconfiguration I could think of, so this seems to be a Mac specific error code.
Please raise the loglevel to DEBUG and see if the logfile gives a more detailed explanation of the error.
Some checks you might want to perform:
  • Photo Station is up-n-running and reachable in a browser from your Mac via http://nnn.nnn.n.n/photo
  • No Personal FW or other policy on your Mac prevents http outbound traffic from this application (Lr) to the Photo Station
If you can't figure the reason you may send the logfile to photostatlr[at]messmer-online.de

Martin

l.lki
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: v6.4.1: Support for upload of rendered 4K videos

Unread post by l.lki » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:10 pm

flingo wrote: The most important new feature is the support for upload of rendered videos with original resolution. This is helpful in particular for 4K videos since Lr only allows upload of rendered videos with up to Full Hd resolution.
The "Original Size" setting can be found in the "Video" section of the Export/Publish Service und "Custom Presets".

@l.lki,
please check if this setting works for your videos and let me know.
The resolution problem is solved with that! Incredible, thanks a lot again.

However, would it be possible to change the bitrate from 12 mbps to 25 or 50 mbps? Now there is much artefacts caused by the compression.

flingo
Sharp
Sharp

Unread post by flingo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:24 pm

I'm not sure but I think I tested 2 new video export settings w/ different fps settings recently. I'll come back to you after my cycling tour.

flingo
Sharp
Sharp

Re: v6.4.1: Support for upload of rendered 4K videos

Unread post by flingo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:39 pm

l.lki wrote: ...
However, would it be possible to change the bitrate from 12 mbps to 25 or 50 mbps? Now there is much artefacts caused by the compression.
I did some testing with a second video export preset, but both presets produce a (heavily compressed) video with original dimension and fps settings. I'm not an export for these video export preset, but if you find a suitable video export preset (e.g. from Adobe Media Encoder), it might be easily integrated by simply exchanging the .epr file in the plugin directory. It would be worth a try...

RonWhitaker
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by RonWhitaker » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:48 pm

What did I do wrong?

Trying to do my first publish and I get "No JSON response data"

flingo
Sharp
Sharp

Unread post by flingo » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:54 pm

Well, you could at least raise the Loglevel to DEBUG and consult the logfile after the next try. It's probably an issue with the server address.

Return to “Photo Station”