Lightroom Export Plugin: PhotoStation Upload

Questions about the Synology Photo Station can be placed here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
flingo
Sharp
Sharp

Re: Lightroom Export Plugin: PhotoStation Upload

Postby flingo » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:46 pm

Hi Peter,
this is exactly how it should be: if a published photo is excluded from a Published Smart Collection due to a change of an attribute such as pick flag, then the photos changes its state to "Deleted Photos to Remove".

I just re-checked (changed the Collection definition to exclude rejected photos and set the pick flag of a photo to rejected) and it works as expected. If the photo was unpublished before, then it disappears from the collection w/o state change.

Martin
PeterMcC
Rookie
Rookie

Postby PeterMcC » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:02 pm

Hi Martin,

Yes. What you describe is how I would expect it to work, however it is not working on my system. I set the rejected flag and the photo disappears from the published photos but does not appear on photos to be deleted. As I said, I'm sure it used to work as you describe. It would seem that something strange is happening on my system, might have to do some testing/debugging.
Dabber
I'm New!
I'm New!

Error halfway uploading my collection

Postby Dabber » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:50 am

Hello,

I seem to have configured the plugin right. Half of my photo's uploaded succesfully.
But the then plugin gives me an error message:
ERROR: That does it, I'm leaving! Internal error: 'bad argument #1 to 'floor' (number expected, got string)'
I tried to change the settings, but that didn't help.

Does anyone know what this could be?
flingo
Sharp
Sharp

Postby flingo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:28 pm

Is thatrelated to a video upload?

Please, upload again w/ Loglevel=Debug and send me the Logfile (photostatlr@messmer-online.de)

Martin
flingo
Sharp
Sharp

Postby flingo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:09 pm

The issue was caused by a photo with a capture date stored in ISO8601 format, which wasn't really understood by the plugin.
It's fixed in Version 6.2.3

Martin
Dabber
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Dabber » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:06 pm

Thanks, It works!

Two other questions:
1. I would like to let my "co-workers" (family members) select some photos in Photostation to print. I would like to import that selection back in Lightroom, so I can export in the right format. It can be done with tags, but that is not very conveniant. Has Photostation the option to flag photos?

2. I am figuring out how I could apply some specific metadata placeholders, but i am not quite familiar with regular expressions. Is it possible to have kind of case statements?
- If photo is in collection set with name "portrait" -> use /{Date %Y}/{(collectionname without path)}
- Else if photo is in collection set with name "events" -> use /{Date %Y}/{(collectionname without path)}
- Else use /{Date %Y}/{Date %m}

Is that possible?
flingo
Sharp
Sharp

Postby flingo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:50 am

Has Photostation the option to flag photos?

You might use the rating stars which is available since Photo Station 6.5
You might also use the Photo StatLr Color Label Tags ('+red', '+blue', ...) , wich are in fact general tags but will be translated to the corresponding Lr color label, if you check the download option "Color Label Tag"

- If photo is in collection set with name "portrait" -> use /{Date %Y}/{(collectionname without path)}
- Else if photo is in collection set with name "events" -> use /{Date %Y}/{(collectionname without path)}
- Else use /{Date %Y}/{Date %m}

Unfortunately, Lua regular expressions don't support alternatives. I could come up with a solution (need to add pattern matching for the LrCC placeholder) for the first two alternatives, but I have no idea how to do all three in one target album definition.

if you add the keyword 'portrait' or 'event' to all photos of the respective collection sets, you could split your photos into two published smart collections:
- one for photos with keyword portrait and event
- and one for the those w/o them
, here is how the target album for the first collection would look like:

Code: Select all

{Date %Y}/{LrCC:path portrait.*/([^/]+)$}{LrCC:path events.*/([^/]+)$}

You just list all alternatives as placeholders one after the other. The one placeholder that matches is substituted, the other non-matching placeholders will be substituted by '' (blank).
As I said, the pattern matching part for those placeholders is not yet available, but will be in the next release.

Please keep in mind, that collection membership changes are not signalled to the plugins, so if you change something in the collection structure you'll need to update the published collection manually.

Martin
flingo
Sharp
Sharp

V6.3.0: It's all about sharing and writing comments!

Postby flingo » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:51 pm

Version 6.3.0 is out since two days.

Photo StatLr now can download not only private comments, but also public comments (comments entered via a public Shared Album). Downloading public comments is also way faster (20-25 times) than downloading private comments due to a more efficient Photo Station API for public comments. So, you can check a collection with 3.000 pics in roughly a minute. Besides that, Photo StaLr now adds some plugin metadata fields for Photo Station comments, so that you can now search and filter photos with comments within Lr. Being able to search for comments makes the Photo Station's advanced public share and comment system much more attractive: you now can easily keep track of and build workflows on comments to photos published to Photo Station. Read the "Comments on comments" wiki post to get the whole story.

@Dabber,
V6.3 includes also the pattern matching / capture extraction for the {LrCC} placeholder.

Have fun and let me know how it works!

Martin
flingo
Sharp
Sharp

v6.3.2: Bugfix for v6.3.1/MacOS: Upload of 0 byte files

Postby flingo » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:28 pm

V6.3.1 on Mac has a very mean bug in it: all uploaded files will be received as 0 byte files on the diskstation. The plugin falsely declares all uploads as successful, so you will identify the problem only if you try to view the photos in Photo Station.

The responsible code (support for upload of very large files/videos) works fine on Windows, and doesn't produce any errors/exceptions on Mac as well. Since I don't have a Mac to test, it's hard for me to identify such issues w/o your assistance.
But if anyone feels the need to support me and sponsor a Mac for testing purposes, I wouldn't say no. ;-)

Martin
l.lki
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby l.lki » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:32 am

Hello,

Martin, thanks for the great plugin! Is there any plans that renaming pictures will be available in Publish mode? That would be absolutely necessary for me.
flingo
Sharp
Sharp

Postby flingo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:07 am

"Rename to" is available in the Published Collection settings (lower half of the dialog, scroll down if not visible). See Wiki on Github for instructions on metadata placeholders.

Martin
l.lki
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby l.lki » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:54 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! Is there any way to have filename number suffix to filename? For example, if photo was named as IMG0001.jpg, the new file would be 0001.img?
flingo
Sharp
Sharp

Postby flingo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:38 pm

The 3rd last example contains the filename number suffix extraction:

Rename To: {Date %Y%m%d-%H%M}-{LrFM:cameraModel}-{LrFM:fileName .+(%d+)%.%w+}

If photo was captured 2015/07/06 17:15:00, camera: Canon EOS 6D, orignal filename: img0815.jpg
--> Renamed Photo: '20150706-1715-Canon EOS 6D-0815.jpg'
l.lki
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby l.lki » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:57 pm

Thanks for the answer. However, with my catalogue that string

{LrFM:fileName .+(%d+)%.%w+}

prints only the last number of the filename. I cannot find out where is the problem.
flingo
Sharp
Sharp

Postby flingo » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:27 pm

You're right, the '.+' will eat up all characters including digits. The beginning of the regex must be more specific to not include the trailing digits. Could you give me an example for your photo filenames?

Return to “Photo Station”