Change tagged name globally in all albums?

Questions about the Synology Photo Station can be placed here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
kllngtme
Novice
Novice

Change tagged name globally in all albums?

Unread post by kllngtme » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:19 pm

How does everyone deal with tagging nicknames in Photo Station?

I have my son tagged by his nickname but want to add or be able to search for him by his full name as well. Any ideas how to do this other than creating another tag for the same person?

HardyK
Enlightened
Enlightened

Re: Change tagged name globally in all albums?

Unread post by HardyK » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:36 pm

So you're looking to change the nickname tag globally to include his full name, e.g. "Nickname (First name, Middle Name, Last Name)"

You just go to Settings -> Photos -> Manage Tags -> select the tag -> Edit.
DS216j

Feature Suggestion: https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Tech Support: DSM Main menu -> Support Center

kllngtme
Novice
Novice

Re: Change tagged name globally in all albums?

Unread post by kllngtme » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:09 pm

So I did this however, this really was a bad idea apparently - all my tags are screwed up now. Just doing this with this one name, Link as an example was what was tagged. I now have Link as a tag for some pictures and Link(Lincoln) with a tag for other pictures. When I tried managing the tag for Link again and tried setting it again to rename all the tags to Link(Lincoln) it failed most likely due to already have an instance of the tag created.

Is there any correct way to fix tags? Do I re-index and then fix the tags again so they are all correct? Or do I change the tags, and then re-index. Is there a re-index process anywhere involved in this cause I seemed to have really messed up my tags with this. I'm talking thousands of pictures that need to be re corrected now. :cry:

Also, it removed the GPS tag in nearly every item it retagged, is it supposed to do this as well?

Is there an 800 support number I can all for Photostation help? haha

Return to “Photo Station”