Issues processing/indexing new pictures

Questions about the Synology Photo Station can be placed here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
dadudeness
I'm New!
I'm New!

Issues processing/indexing new pictures

Postby dadudeness » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:10 pm

Hi guys,

When I add say 20 pictures to an album it is very likely at least on of them is not indexed correctly and unfortunately it is not a matter of time. Even days later the issue persists.
In thumbnail view there is a grey box surrounding the entire picture instead of a zoomed-in-square-thumbnail version. If the picture is opened, Photostation doesn't show any metadata besides the filename.

This can be resolved by either reuploading the picture and waiting for Photostation to process it another time or by hitting Settings -> reindex and waiting a couple of hours.

All software used is the most recent non-beta version. There is no uploader-software used, the pictures (6000x4000px) are transferred via network share to my ds215j (Yes, its a slow one, but even the small one should be able to process all the images transferred to it - slower, of course, but reliably).

This behavior is very annoying and I really would like to fix it. Has anyone experienced this issue as well and can leave a comment on that? I would really appreciate it.

-fa
dadudeness
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Issues processing/indexing new pictures

Postby dadudeness » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:05 pm

Unfortunately the issue persists. To avoid running into it I changed standard sorting to filename and hit the reindex button every couple of weeks. But that doesnt seem to be the best solution.
Nobody has a hint for me?
HardyK
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby HardyK » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:49 pm

What happens when you do use the Uploader software app? Does it improve or no different? Are they JPEGS or RAW?
DS216j

Feature Suggestion: https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Tech Support: DSM Main menu -> Support Center
dadudeness
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby dadudeness » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:00 am

Thank you for your answer.
Honestly I never tried the upload-software, but I'm pretty sure that would - in a way - circumvent the issue.

Unfortunately it doesn't match my workflow. I would like to keep using Lightroom's Publish Service. I have created a couple of intelligent albums that are updated automatically when new pictures are added or existing ones are changed. So all I have to do in Lightroom is click Publish and the pictures (max 6000x4000 JPGs) would be transferred to the PhotoStation.
During export Lightroom creates a "tmp"-folder in the destination album-folder where the images are stored during creation. Once a picture is exported successfully it is moved to the album-folder. When all pictures are done the temp-folder is deleted.
I assume PhotoStation's-conversion-agent is confused by the appearing and disappearing temp-folders and the files created within them.
HardyK
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby HardyK » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:32 pm

Never used Lightroom but did you try the 3rd party plug-in?:

https://github.com/flingo64/PhotoStation-Upload-Lr-Plugin

It may solve your issue.
DS216j

Feature Suggestion: https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Tech Support: DSM Main menu -> Support Center

Return to “Photo Station”