2.2 -> 3.1 Upgrade - Update Process Stuck

An update to DSM3.1 providing multiple volumes on a single Raid, dual disks redundancy in SHR, shared folder synchronization, and other updates
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
sparkey
Beginner
Beginner

2.2 -> 3.1 Upgrade - Update Process Stuck

Unread post by sparkey » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:20 pm

Running a 209 box, downloaded the appropriate 1594 pat file, went into DSM and uploaded the firmware.

I have been stuck at "Updating Configurations: 0%" for well over an hour now. I am using FF 3.6 as my browser.

Any advice as to how to resolve?

Thanks!

LleMikeByw
Experienced
Experienced

Re: 2.2 -> 3.1 Upgrade - Update Process Stuck

Unread post by LleMikeByw » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:50 pm

Running Photostation???

Got pictures???

Perhaps it's busy making thumbnails....

Mike
Here come the Penguins!!!!!

sparkey
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by sparkey » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:23 am

All is well. Even though the page never did update from "Updating Configurations", when I checked using another machine on the network, I was able to access 3.1. Guess I should stick to IE for updates.

crashnburn
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by crashnburn » Mon May 02, 2011 10:28 pm

Did this get resolved?

Gordon
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Gordon » Tue May 03, 2011 1:11 pm

sparkey wrote:All is well. Even though the page never did update from "Updating Configurations", when I checked using another machine on the network, I was able to access 3.1. Guess I should stick to IE for updates.
I can't tell what happened in your particular case, but I have observed something similar myself (using Internet Explorer).
The only thing I did different when it happened (though I can't recall if it hang exactly at "Updating Configurations: 0%") was, that I had disconnected my network from the internet before the update, to make sure nobody could access the DS while updating.
Luckily I was sitting right next to my DS109 and therefore could see and hear that is was still making progress and finally rebooting.

My thinking is that IE was trying to access the internet for some reason and since it couldn't succeed it just got stuck at that point.

Return to “DiskStation Manager 3.1 - 1594”