Simultaneous MFP Access

A new update of DSM3.0, including multiple volumes on a single Raid, shared folder synchronization, wireless printing, multimedia enrichment, and more user friendly Surveillance solutions...etc.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
rtadams89
Novice
Novice

Simultaneous MFP Access

Unread post by rtadams89 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:16 am

I was excited to see the MFP support in this beta, and after setting it up, my Photosmart C4280's scanner worked flawlessly. I understand that only one computer can scan from the device at a time, but it also seems that only one computer can be connected to print to the device at the same time.

With the previous versions (or if I disable the MFP functionality) I can map the printer to multiple printers in my household, and then it is just a matter of hitting print. With the MFP setup, I have to "attach" to the printer through the Synology Assistant program, print, then remember to un-attach from the printer so that another computer can connect and print if desired.

Is this the way it is designed to work? Am I missing something?

Return to “DiskStation Manager 3.1 Beta - 1553”