Download Manager and RSS

A new update of DSM3.0, including multiple volumes on a single Raid, shared folder synchronization, wireless printing, multimedia enrichment, and more user friendly Surveillance solutions...etc.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Xplosivv
I'm New!
I'm New!

Download Manager and RSS

Unread post by Xplosivv » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:06 pm

I'm wondering how far the RSS function of the manager can go.

For instance, is it possible for the manager to automatically download a torrent when it is uploaded? How it stands now is that I have to manually refresh the feed, and click download to actually download the torrent.

While that's a nice function, it doesn't really make a big difference from linking the location of the torrent in the manager.

So, I guess my question is, is it possible for the Download Manager to automatically download newly uploaded torrents?

EDIT: Well, I found out it doed update and download, but just once a day. Can this be changed?

newtonthecat
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Download Manager and RSS

Unread post by newtonthecat » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Well, I found out it doed update and download, but just once a day. Can this be changed?
I would like to be able to change this also. I have my DS109 set to download during the night and it would be great if the RSS feeds were updated around midnight, not later on in the morning.

Return to “DiskStation Manager 3.1 Beta - 1553”