New Video Player

A new update of DSM3.0, including multiple volumes on a single Raid, shared folder synchronization, wireless printing, multimedia enrichment, and more user friendly Surveillance solutions...etc.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
heliostatic
Trainee
Trainee

Re: New Video Player

Unread post by heliostatic » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:25 am

cread wrote:I tried using the video player on HTTPS and it is a no go. It has to be http: This is an error, for now it has to be http.
Ah well, thanks for testing and clarifying. I hope this is addressed before release, but at least there's a workaround.

cread
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: New Video Player

Unread post by cread » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:59 am

I got an Email reply from Synology on this HTTPS issue:
Adrian Hsieh wrote:For the problem of playing video files via HTTPS connection. You have to install the SSL certificate correctly then you can preview the video files in file browser. (VLC will check the certification for playing files)
I have searched the VLC forums (googled would be more accurate) and found that other have this issue. The solution seems to be to find what cert file it is looking for in the log (which I cannot turn on) and place the cert there for VLC to use.
I like the others on this forum, cannot get this to work in windows.
Any ideas? I'm beat.
- Chip
DS916+, DSM 6.2-23739-1 , 2x HGST NAS 4T HDN724040ALE640, USB backup of DS, CyberPower UPS
Apache 2.4,Audio,Calendar,CardDav,Drive,Docker,Doc Viewer,Download,File,Media,Note,Office,Surveillance,Text,VPN,Web,Audio,Photo,Python,Hyper Backup, WebDav, MariaDB, PHP7, (SMB, SSH, FTP)
RT2600ac-1.1.7-6941-1, VPN+ (Web VPN only),
DS211, DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 6, 2x HGST NAS 4T HDN724040ALE640, USB backup of DS,
PC= Win7, I7-860 Trubo@3.5G, 8G, and 5T HD's installed

Return to “DiskStation Manager 3.1 Beta - 1553”