Webdav port forwarding keeps resetting

The discussion room of webDAV based solution for file sharing.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
moorejnekins
I'm New!
I'm New!

Webdav port forwarding keeps resetting

Postby moorejnekins » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:09 am

I am having problems with my remote access via the webdav package. Every morning I try to connect to the server remotely there is a connection error and I have to enter the Synology admin panel and set up Ez Internet all over again.
I have a public static IP address from my ISP. I have tried setting up the port forwarding via the EZ Internet settings which forward the ports during setup automatically and I have also manually forwarded the ports on my router in the admin panel. Both of these ways let me access my files for a period of time (roughly 12 hours) but then when I come back the next day there is a connection error and I have to setup port forwarding all over again!
I am using Netdirive2 to access my files remotely and as far as I can see I have all the correct settings saved in Netdrive2 so I don't think the issue is with Netdrive2.
Also my router still shows the relevant port open so I'm thinking maybe there is a problem with Webdav resetting itself for some reason.
Any assistants you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

The router I am using is a BT Hub5
sincarne
Navigator
Navigator

Re: Webdav port forwarding keeps resetting

Postby sincarne » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:51 am

only set on router. do not use ez internet. UPNP is not secure. disable on router if can!
moorejnekins
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Webdav port forwarding keeps resetting

Postby moorejnekins » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:54 pm

sincarne wrote:only set on router. do not use ez internet. UPNP is not secure. disable on router if can!

Thank you for that I will do it all manually.

Return to “WebDAV”