CardDAV

The discussion room of webDAV based solution for file sharing.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Knorhaan
I'm New!
I'm New!

CardDAV

Postby Knorhaan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:25 pm

First to admin: there is nog forum for CardDAV under "Synology Applications>Official Synology Packages". I think it should be there and that's where this posting belongs.

When I have my Android connected with the CardDAV server (with an additional app) as instructed by the Synology website (https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/help/CardDAVServer/carddav_server_desc) it automatically creates two accounts. One as on the website with /addressbooks/users/USERNAME/addressbook/ and one with a large string in it /addressbooks/__uids__/LONGRANDOMSTRIN/addressbook/

1. Ok, fine by me, it works but for Android it are two separate accounts. So when I want to add a contact it asks me in which account it needs to be saved. Well, I have no idea and I think it doesn't matter but that's my first questions here: Which one should I choose as standard account?

2. Both accounts have the same name but with a different suffix. One has "2w" added and another has "bg" added to it's name. What does this mean?

3. Is it possible to make contact groups as I did before with my gmail account?

Greetings.
chalexis
Trainee
Trainee

Re: CardDAV

Postby chalexis » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:03 pm

up !
myhost316
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: CardDAV

Postby myhost316 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:09 pm

I would like to chime as well. while attempting to sync my Android device with the Card dav server, I have 2 options as well. In addition, I have imported over 600 contacts in my address book through the web interface on my Synology. However when I start the syncing process, it will only complete 250-260 of the entries and does not sync any further. I have tried to restart, remove the entry and re-add it, nothing is working.

Any help on this?

Return to “WebDAV”