WebDav works on Win10 but not on OS Sierra

The discussion room of webDAV based solution for file sharing.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
Luke1848
I'm New!
I'm New!

WebDav works on Win10 but not on OS Sierra

Postby Luke1848 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:25 pm

Hi everyone

I use my Synology DS216J on a Windows 10 and OS Sierra Notebook. The WebDav connection works on my Windows machine (via Netdrive as suggested by Synology) but it just won't work on my MacBook.

I click on "Connect to Server", enter my server address "https://XXXXXXXX.synology.me:5006", hit enter and on the next window, apple autofills the name incorrectly (it should be FirstnameSurname together) and Apple autofills it including a blank space between both words (just like my OS Account Name). Anyway, I correct the name, type in the correct password and Apple shakes or vibrates the active window (as if the Account/Password would be wrong which I entered correctly). I also tried it including the blank space between my first and surname but it did not work either.

Than I created a new account in my Synology DSM but the same problem occurred. I also tried http and port 5005, but had the same problem.

I did manage to login when I am in my local LAN but of course I would like to enjoy my NAS from anywhere as well.

As mentioned above, it all works perfectly on my windows 10 machine. Port 5006 is open in my router, in DSM WebDav 5006 is open as well.

Does anyone have an idea what else I can try out? I'm stuck :-(
Thank you very much in advance.
Lukas
WST16
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: WebDav works on Win10 but not on OS Sierra

Postby WST16 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:58 am

Assuming that all is good with your DS configuration and that you can access the WebDAV service with windows from outside, you may want to try a client like Cyberduck on your Mac to see if that helps.

I think it's free on the Mac AppStore.
DS216+II ::: APC Back UPS ES 700 ::: Mac user
Luke1848
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Luke1848 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:53 am

Wow, your hint helped me to discover the real problem:

a) Really strong passwords do not seem to work (e.g. no € signs) so I changed it to a "normal" password that just contains small & capital letters plus numbers
b) When I type in my URL (YYYYYZZZZZZZ.synology.me), Apple somehow autofills the name and makes it YYYYY ZZZZZZZ (including the blank space) which also seems to have an effect on the backend URL.

This is how it works now: I click on "connect to server" and enter the following information "YYYYYYZZZZZZ@YYYYYYZZZZZZZ.synology.me:5006". This way Apple does not autofill incorrectly as everything before the "@" is the username.

I discovered this tolution due to the valuable Feedback from WST16, as Cyberduck showed me the incorrect full path including the Login Name. Thank you very much.
KR Lukas
WST16
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby WST16 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:16 pm

I'm glad it's working. Enjoy your NAS :D
DS216+II ::: APC Back UPS ES 700 ::: Mac user

Return to “WebDAV”