Citrix Sharefile

The discussion room of webDAV based solution for file sharing.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
NikoDog
I'm New!
I'm New!

Citrix Sharefile

Postby NikoDog » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:31 pm

I am trying to connect my Synology disk station to Citrix Sharefile through their webdav connection. The connection works fine but then times itself out after a few hours/days.
The problem appears to be on the ShareFile side, however, I am having little progress in figuring out the solution there.

When I log into Synology, the error message that is visible on the webdav client is: "The authorization of your public cloud account has been revoked or expired. Please connect to the account again."

Once the webdav connection is completely broken and manually re-created it begins to work again until the next time the connection times out.

Does anyone know of a solution?

A help thread has been created on the Share file knowledge base as well addressing this problem:
https://community.sharefilesupport.com/citrixsharefile/topics/integration-with-synology-nas-device
BrianL
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Citrix Sharefile

Postby BrianL » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:33 pm

Niko and I are having the same problem. ShareFile (Citrix) is saying that the NAS (Synology) has an issue with OAuth Tokens.

Here's a response from ShareFile:
"I've spoken with the Architect about this. His response is that the WebDav connection when it is created would generate an oauth token and uses that to make connections. Our Oauth tokens are set to expire after a configurable period. Likely what is causing the disconnect for you is that the oauth token that Synology is utilizing to make the subsequent calls to get the file information has expired.

Honestly, not having much experience with WebDav, I'm unsure of how authentication and reauthentication is handled between the client and server. It seems like when Synology loses its authentication, it's not automatically generating new authentication with the stored credentials."
NikoDog
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby NikoDog » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:17 pm

I seem to have discovered the problem and it is on the Citrix ShareFile side but also there are implications for Synology.

The points are documented on the above link, but I will copy the response here as well:

"...the WebDav connection when it is created would generate an oauth token and uses that to make connections. Our Oauth tokens are set to expire after a configurable period. Likely what is causing the disconnect for you is that the oauth token that Synology is utilizing to make the subsequent calls to get the file information has expired.
.... It seems like when Synology loses its authentication, it's not automatically generating new authentication with the stored credentials."

-------
I can think of two possible solutions:
1) Synology sets its webdav application to attempt to generate a brand new connection automatically once the connection is severed. Using the store credentials.

2) A third party application is coded to automatically reconnect if it notices a connection failure - The script could be timed to run, say every hour.

Any one have any suggestions on how to apply either of these solutions? I'll contact Synology Customer service for help with point one and let you know what I find.
NikoDog
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby NikoDog » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:15 pm

Ok, I have determined the following:

Sharefile uses an authorization ID token applied to each webdav connection. The connection is broken after 18 hours for security reasons.
ShareFile has provided the following exact message:

"WebDav uses our V1 authorization which does not support account level setting of this timeout and so the timeout is for all accounts and is currently set at 18 hours. It is assumed clients would re-initiate the connection once their authid has expired. "

So the only solution then is what I indicated earlier: A fix that automatically breaks the connection fully and reconnects using stored credentials.

1) This can be done by Synology (As requested for them to implement).
2) Alternatively a user, with greater skills than I, can write a script and run it every 18 hours.
NikoDog
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby NikoDog » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:43 pm

SOLUTION:

This appears to work - but I may be premature - I will need to test it over multiple days.

If you go into task scheduler under control panel you can
1) set an automatic stop of "CloudSync" every 12 hours.
2) set an automatic (re) start of "CloudSync" every 12 hours.

I have timed mine to be 5 minutes apart - effectively the sync is shut down for only 10 minutes a day.
Upon restarting, it seemed to reconnect to Sharefile just fine. I hope over multiple days this works - Note my connection, I believe, has been running for longer than 18 hours so should have timed out already.

Meanwhile the good people at Synology are working on a client - at least, I have put in a request.

Thanks from Vancouver Canada!!!
BrianL
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby BrianL » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:04 pm

AWESOME!!!! I'm going to try this myself!
J-Dub
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby J-Dub » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:13 pm

I'm trying to connect our Diskstation (DSM 6.0.2-8451) to ShareFile as well, but not having much luck. I really just want to sync a folder from our NAS over to a folder on ShareFile. I know I can use the ShareFile WebDAV connection, but not having any luck when I setup the sync destination when doing a "Shared Folder Sync" task. I don't have the "rsync service" enabled because I'm not using the NAS as a destination.

Could you please point me in the right direction? Thank you!
DextersDad
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby DextersDad » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:05 pm

All,

I am experiencing the same issues. Any ideas on a solution?

"Error: The authorization of your public cloud account has been revoked or expired. Please connect to the account again."

Thanks in advance!
J-Dub
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby J-Dub » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:55 pm

I was able to get this to work. I wasn't using the correct app earlier in the year. First, you have to use Cloud Sync, which you can find in the Package center. That app allows you to sync to ShareFile via WebDAV.

Anyway, today I also received the revoked password message. All I did was update Cloud Sync from Package Center. After that, I opened up Cloud Sync and clicked to re-authenticate. I typed in my password again, and it started working. The problem is the password window stayed up like it didn't take the password, but in the background you can see that it was starting to synchronize the folders again. Just close the password window after entering it the first time.

If this revoked password keeps popping up daily, I will probably try the daily tasks mentioned earlier in this post where you disable and re-enable the Cloud Sync service.

Hope this helps.
BrianL
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby BrianL » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:25 am

I'm able to get the connection up, but when I create a new item / folder on ShareFile it's not syncing down to the NAS.

Any ideas?
BrianL
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby BrianL » Sat May 20, 2017 4:11 am

Has anyone else experienced the issue of new files created on the Synology not syncing up to ShareFile?
edanto
Student
Student

Postby edanto » Thu May 25, 2017 1:06 am

I can't help with the last posters query, but I'm grateful to the others on this thread for giving me all the info I need to set up the Synology-Sharefile connection.

Has anyone else noticed a Sharefile glitch where it doesn't ask before overwriting a file with the same name in a folder in the mapped folder app. (to repro, create a small file in the mapped folder on windows desktop, then outside that folder, in Windows, create another (much larger) file with the same name and paste it into the Sharefile Windows Explorer. A friend was testing it today and reported that the small file was overwritten without warning.
Watch out; the forum won't email you by default when someone replies!

Fix this: Click User Control Panel near the top-right, click the Board preferences tab, click Edit posting defaults, change "Notify me upon replies by default" from the default of No to Yes, click Submit.

To ask the admins to change this default setting, find the thread in Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions forum (not allowed to include a link here).

Return to “WebDAV”