Can't "open" files from Windows 10 using WebDAV

The discussion room of webDAV based solution for file sharing.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
sbug206
I'm New!
I'm New!

Can't "open" files from Windows 10 using WebDAV

Postby sbug206 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:24 am

I've managed to map a network drive into Windows Explorer (Windows 10) with my DS116 using WebDAV. I'm trying to access
it outside my home network. I can see the NAS and do basic file operations but if I try to double click and open the files then I get "File not Found" errors.
If it's a movie file and I launch the media player manually and browse to the NAS, no files are shown, just folders. After doing some research it seems
to be a permission problem with windows but the suggested Registry hack no longer works after a certain update. Is there another way besides WebDAV?
I simply want to browse files and access the NAS like on my home network but not at home. I can do this fine with the android app DS FILE but I want
something similar for a PC laptop.
WST16
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Can't "open" files from Windows 10 using WebDAV

Postby WST16 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:37 pm

I don’t think it’s your fault configuration wise. I'm experiencing the same behavior on my iOS devices, just noticed it today.
When I browse some folders they come up empty! Only some of them not all.

Looks like a bug.
DS216+II ::: APC Back UPS ES 700 ::: Mac user

Return to “WebDAV”