Map network drive online?

The discussion room of webDAV based solution for file sharing.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
dds021
I'm New!
I'm New!

Map network drive online?

Unread post by dds021 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:29 am

Good day! I'm totally new to synology NAS. Currently, we are using File Station to act as a File Sharing Server and make a network drive from a specific folder to our computer locally and it is working just fine. However, we have another office on a different location and I'm wondering if I can map a network drive to their computer to a specific folder of our NAS (here in the main office)? We are using Windows OS btw. Thanks in advance!

sincarne
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Re: Map network drive online?

Unread post by sincarne » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:22 pm

use webdav with HTTPS for windows

dds021
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Map network drive online?

Unread post by dds021 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:13 am

sincarne wrote:use webdav with HTTPS for windows
Thanks sir. I'll try looking unto it.

richy85uk
I'm New!
I'm New!

Is there a way to map drive on a computer over the internet?

Unread post by richy85uk » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:37 pm

Just wondering if its possible to access my disk station remotely through windows explorer like any other folder?

Also is it possible to set it up so I can play my music on my NAS through itunes on a laptop connected over the net etc.

Thanks.

Return to “WebDAV”