DS209+II reboots several times a day after update to 1337

An update of DSM 3.0 operating system, including enhanced iPhone and Android phone support, Windows ACL integration, comprehensive iSCSI support, extended volume size capability, Surveillance Station, and a new feature of Time Backup application.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
MMatt
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS209+II reboots several times a day after update to 1337

Postby MMatt » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:15 am

Hi,

I upgraded to 1337 last week. Since then my 209+II reboots every couple of hours with the error message "was shutdown unexpectedly because of power failure".

It also happenes, that the DS209 goes into an inaccessible state. DS running, only top yellow light on, no access to disks, does not respond to management interface.

The system was rock solid before the firmware upgrade.

Anybody has similar experience? What can I do? Should I downgrade the firmware? How is this done?

Martin
maxxfi
Compiler
Compiler

Re: DS209+II reboots several times a day after update to 133

Postby maxxfi » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:33 am

Open a case with Synology support and get ready to send them a handful of logfiles.
DS-106j > DS-210j > DS-411
MMatt
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby MMatt » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:16 am

Besides upgrading the firmware to 1337, I also installed the TimeBackup package and set up a Timebackup Scheme.
After stopping the TimeBackup package, the Diskstation reboot problem went away. It has been running stable for two days now.

Reminds me to never change two things simultaneously in a productive system, even if it is only used at home.

Regards,

Martin
dazman
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby dazman » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Hi, I get the same issue after the 1354 upgrade.

I have stopped the timebackup service & removed the package, this seems to address the stability of the DS209+II.

Shame though, I liked the idea of this app.

Will try the next version when it's released.

Cheers,
Daz

Return to “DiskStation Manager 3.0 - 1334/1337”