since update to 1337 am unable to login after a few days

An update of DSM 3.0 operating system, including enhanced iPhone and Android phone support, Windows ACL integration, comprehensive iSCSI support, extended volume size capability, Surveillance Station, and a new feature of Time Backup application.
fve
Trainee
Trainee

since update to 1337 am unable to login after a few days

Postby fve » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:44 am

So far it happened now 2 times but it would be annoying if it keeps happening.

Basicly the thing that happens goes is that after some time(a few day in my case) i cann't access annymore the loginscreen or the photostation or annyother service that basicly uses html.

The networkshares do keep working tough. On both times when i tried to login to the manager i saw it started loading the page but then it did start stalling and never finish loading the page. The photostation did then still work(but wasn't logged in) but not to long after that also that started to fail loading. The same counts for some webpages.
All that i can do is press the powerbutton to let it shut down and then reboot it and then it all works again for a few days.

I did had as only extra package installed the webalizer but have no uninstalled it just in case.

I use the cubestation 407e.

Hopefully this can be fixed easy.

Thanks for the help
yumintay
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: since update to 1337 am unable to login after a few days

Postby yumintay » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:23 am

I'm using 207+, and the same problem happen to my few time, I have to turn off the unit and restart again to make my connection back to normal.

Please advice!!!
Richard - CCWH
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Richard - CCWH » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:14 pm

Can you open mailstation ?
fve
Trainee
Trainee

Postby fve » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:50 pm

I don't even got a mailstation on it. So i wouldn't know if i would be able to(mailstation is also probally a bit to heavy for this model imho).

But it feels like either apache or php or mysql is failing since when i try to acces the login screen it won't even load the page. But thats just me speculating.

Maybe usefull to mention is that the things i run are:
windows file service and nfs
webservice with php and mysql
photostation
the service to let it sync time once every week
e-mail messaging service for when error occour and change in status.

all the other things ike ftp, dyndns, firewall, autoblock ip, terminal, mediaserver, itunes, audiostation, downloadstation, surveilancestation, filestation are all disabled.

Currently only use 2 disc in it and they are configured each as a single share(jbod).
new_109+_owner
Trainee
Trainee

Postby new_109+_owner » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:06 am

I have 2 similar problems after updating my 107e to 1337:

- some of my AFP volumes are empty, even though the data is there

- I cannot log in to the 107e. I get an error message: "You cannot login to the system because the disk space is full currently".

Power cycling the unit solves both problems, for a while.

Very frustrating. Before I updated the 107e, along with my 109+ was rock solid.

At least I didn't update the 109+ !
=================================
DS 109+
DS 107e

www.hutsby.net/search/label/Synology%20Diskstation

==================================
Richard - CCWH
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Richard - CCWH » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:06 am

On my DS 107, i have this problem and i can acess to app's who use SQL database.
When i reboot my Syno like you, i fix the problem, but after 3-4 days i have the problem again.
Synology support is investigating about my problem.
I have this bug since DSM 3.0 Beta.
fve
Trainee
Trainee

Postby fve » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:29 am

hmm currently i cann't login to the manager but the webpages and photostation are still working for now.

The assistant tool cann't connect and says in status connection failed.

Maybe i should also do a bugreport since it look to happen to often to my likings.
fve
Trainee
Trainee

Postby fve » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:13 pm

Now also just the all that is basicly webbased again refuses to work again and it just keeps trying to load the webpages but it never gets anny data.

It just stopped working again halfway loading a webpage that uses php and a simple mysql query(but also had the same once on the photostation login so i doubt it was the php script).

To bad it aint possible to go back to 2.x since that just worked fine. Hopefully there will be a fix soon since rebooting every few days aint as trustworthy to count on to be able to visit the webpage from remote places.
nenominal
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby nenominal » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:56 pm

Same problem here! After few days I can not login to the unit using web access.
I can ssh to it with root and admin accounts.

EDIT: For few days now I can only login using SSH! The web interface works no more.
rcire
Trainee
Trainee

Postby rcire » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:19 am

I have the same problem (on my DS207). After about one week I can no longer use the web interface. This happened 2 times after I did the upgrade to DSM 3.0-1337. I did not use the beta 3.0 and I have never seen this problem before. When it happens, my samba shares are fine. I have to reboot to get back in the web interface.

I reported the problem and the Synology-support requested access to my DiskStation to investigate the problem. But so far I did not get the problem again (running for 6 days now).....
nenominal
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby nenominal » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:20 pm

For me the problem persists even I reboot the device. I can use samba shares and ssh/telnet to station.
fve
Trainee
Trainee

Postby fve » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:32 pm

For me it is also still not solved i did contact the tech support and they have done some checking and it did partially fix a small thing that the webpages still work but mysql sill not and also still the webui is still not accisable annymore after some time.

It has been about a week since i last heard a thing back but hopefully they find a way to fix it.
HarryPotter
Honorary Moderator
Honorary Moderator

Postby HarryPotter » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:23 pm

fve wrote:It has been about a week since i last heard a thing back but hopefully they find a way to fix it.

You may post the ticket #, Synology moderators will then have a look at hte status of it.
*Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!*

DS718+ / DSM 6.1.3-15152-7 / ST4000VN000-2AH166 / 16 GB RAM
DS713+ / DSM 6.1.3-15152-7 / HD501LJ + HD502IJ (RAID0)
DS415+ / DSM 6.1.3-15152-7

2 Squeezebox 3 + Boom

APC Smart UPS SUA750i
nenominal
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby nenominal » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:29 pm

HarryPotter wrote:
fve wrote:It has been about a week since i last heard a thing back but hopefully they find a way to fix it.

You may post the ticket #, Synology moderators will then have a look at hte status of it.

There is mine: ID 54727

Update: I managed to solve on my side! The problem is related to the browser (in my case Chrome). I received an e-mail this morning from the technical support and I tested my NAS from a remote computer using Firefox and it worked! Then I installed Firefox on my computer again and it worked as well. So the problem is with Chrome browser 7.x version. I tested 6.x and it's OK on Windows but on Linux the problem it's still there.

Anyway...happy to see that is working and I feel a bit stupid that I haven't tried other browser till now.
Last edited by nenominal on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fve
Trainee
Trainee

Postby fve » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:24 pm

HarryPotter wrote:

The ticket id is #53035

Return to “DiskStation Manager 3.0 - 1334/1337”