Access denied on windows backup, acronis, photoshop etc

An update of DSM 3.0 operating system, including enhanced iPhone and Android phone support, Windows ACL integration, comprehensive iSCSI support, extended volume size capability, Surveillance Station, and a new feature of Time Backup application.
ge0se
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Access denied on windows backup, acronis, photoshop etc

Postby ge0se » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:08 pm

I'm still unable to run Acronis backups with DSM 3.0-1354 on DS-210j. I see newer firmware updates for other devices, is it the one that fixes it? If yes I hope the release for the rest of the models will roll out soon.
Synology DS-210j (DSM 3.0-1354) w/ 2x HD203WI
Dad Man Walking
Novice
Novice

DS211 won't take 1354 Update (Oops - issue resolved)

Postby Dad Man Walking » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:38 am

Newbie here. I just picked up a DS211, it shipped w/the 1337 firmware. I am having problems with user authentication on Acronis backups (as have others, documented elsewhere in these forums). I was hoping that the 1354 update would clean things up.

When I try to apply the update I get an error message saying that the file is not the right type (or something close to that). I pulled the .pat file from the download site. Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: Nevermind...I was trying to apply the wrong update file. I did not notice the "type/models" drop-downs at the top of the download page. Oops!
Biosman
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Biosman » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Same problem here with Synology DS209+II firmware 1354
Can't backup with Acronis B&R 10 access denied
Is the new firmware 1372 soon avaliable to this model ??

//B
barthold
Trainee
Trainee

Postby barthold » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:02 am

I am on 1372 for my 710+ and am using Acronis True Image Home 2011. Trying to backup to a network drive using True Image Home asks me for Windows Login Credentials. It doesn't work, no matter what accounts and passwords I enter. Even worse, as soon as you enter a set of credentials, the network drive gets unmapped temporarily! I tested this by starting a copy to that network drive, then do the Acronis thing. The copy stops as soon as you enter your credentials in Acronis True Image home.

So I thought I'll do a FTP backup from Acronis to the 710+. No luck either. Acronis can login to the ftp server on the 710+ (test connection) but it cannot backup to it. I get an error "cannot create folder ftp:\\<path name>\. " Huh?

This is a real bummer. I can't use Acronis to make backups. Anyone any idea ?
philreed
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: synology access problem

Postby philreed » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:50 pm

Just one comment about one of the replies in the list of posts that I was directed to...

As you can probably gather from my terminology [as in 'lack of correct'] I am not experienced in using these forums [fora?]
However it does seem to me that the following:

No issue with [?? - can't remember] who posted the comment, but:

"Fingers crossed, someone with the capability of introducing fixes and releases will see this thread"

suggests that the only way to approach Synology with a problem would be to wait and hope that someone is reading the posts and opts to respond. Is there not a way to get Synology to accept their responsibility in things and to provide a solution/workaround/patch/fix? Because I was hoping that contacting Synology would be my next recourse, having spent hours on the phone with Sage and determined that they are probably not making excuses and that the problem really does rest somewhere with drive access.
:?
aleq
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby aleq » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:04 pm

Another one with Acronis True Image Home 11 and DSM 3.0 (1354 on DS207+) getting "Connection failed" at the login window of ATI, accessing SMB share. FTP fails as well. I'm certain my user and password is correct.
Dietsch
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Dietsch » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Same Problem here :?

Windows XP, DiskStation 211j 2x2TB and Acronis 2010 Home Edition

But with my Windows 7 Notebook my scheduled task worked ok yesterday. But I used to have the same problem here
inertnet
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby inertnet » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:10 am

I have the same problem.

The first user I created works fine, but for every other user I add, the password gets reset to an 8 character string. Everytime I change the password it's correctly emailed to the user, but it can't be used to login. I changed the password for the system 'admin' user and that works fine too.

Windows XP, DiskStation 211j, 2x2TB, DSM 3.0-1354.
aleq
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby aleq » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:17 am

My issue is definitely not related to Inertnet's. My password is shorter than 8 characters and I'm using the first created user.
simono
I'm New!
I'm New!

Can't write to disk from software (Photoshop, Efter Effects)

Postby simono » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:51 am

We have our DS1010+ setup with a useraccount with all write/access permissions on the DS1010+ (Running Synology DSM 3.0).

The useraccount on the NAS differs from the local login on the various computers around the office.

We are able to logon to the DS1010 with username and password (mapping the root folder) and transfer files (copy and moving) to the DS1010+ without any problems.
However, when we work on files through a mapped network drive, our software won't get write access to the DS1010+. Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Media Encoder, no software is allowed to write to the mapped network drive. We are only allowed to copy and move files outside of the software. The DS1010 does however allow the software to save projectfiles (Example, in After Effects we are allowed to save our projectfile onto the mapped drive, but doing a render to the mapped drive gives us write error. Photoshop won't allow us to even write/save a psd or Jpeg to the mapped drive)

We thought the DS1010+ would give us the same ease of file sharing as sharing files from any other computer or system.

I've seen some similar problems on the forum, but they have not been answered by support.

-Simon
Breakie
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Breakie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi Guys,

same problem here (when trying to access my backup folder on 1010 from acronis)
BUT!
the problem occurs on 1 machine only!
on 2 other machines acronis (true image 2011) works fine (backing up to the same location on the 1010)

differences with the troubled machine:
1. uses another account (windows 7) - even if I try to access the backup folder in Acronis with the same account as the other 2 machines, this does not work...
2. uses another (lower) version of windows 7

so...seems like an 'access rights" problem??

Return to “DiskStation Manager 3.0 - 1334/1337”